Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I'm a fan of the show and think it's very funny. I didn't  think Candace Bergen's role was necessary. The show keeps adding in side characters. Bergen's character wasn't funny. 

She did have the one good line about the house . I was surprised she did this show , she definetely does not need the money. She just had a wonderful role in the HBO movie. I think the show has more of a depressing look to it , not because Covid , but the lighting is so drab. Wonderful actors , but i have say Roseanne was the anchor of the show , whether you like her or not. You can't just say what you think , when you have studios paying your check .

Honored Contributor

Re: The Conners

[ Edited ]

I'm another one who loves

The Conners   as i love their dry humor!

Also at the end after the credits it has

darlene+dan

oops edited to correct myself

sara+dan

Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Does anyone watch this? I was actually surprised it was still on. I do not care for that kind of "humor" if that is what they call it.   I saw a promo on Face Book saying Candice Bergen was going to be on it tonight and just thought wow it is still on? Never hear anyone talk about it. 

Candice Bergen was awful.  The show is awful and there isn't one earned laugh in it.  Network needs to let it go.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I watch it and enjoy it. To each her own!  😀

I think Becky is really funny.  I think they should do something with Dans hair.  I know this is weird I would like to see him a little heavier.  I always liked his character.  He did loose some weight on the original Roseanne but not enough to change his features.  Maybe its just his hair it is all over the place.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I'm a fan of the show and think it's very funny. I didn't  think Candace Bergen's role was necessary. The show keeps adding in side characters. Bergen's character wasn't funny. 

She did have the one good line about the house . I was surprised she did this show , she definetely does not need the money. She just had a wonderful role in the HBO movie. I think the show has more of a depressing look to it , not because Covid , but the lighting is so drab. Wonderful actors , but i have say Roseanne was the anchor of the show , whether you like her or not. You can't just say what you think , when you have studios paying your check .

I still can't believe she could not keep herself from saying stupid things.  The reboot was a success.  All she had to do was learn her lines and act.  I do wish they had sent her character to a rehab or something and then could have brought her back.  Jackie's character has always been funny, now they have her acting crazy.  I agree very good actors i really think they are still trying to find out their focus.  I still love the original show and still watch it.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919   I so agree with you about Dan's hair.  And, speaking of hair, what about Jackie's?  It looks really awful.  

I don't like the changes they've made to Jackie's character.  She was always a favorite of mine, but now they have her overacting, over re-acting, and just not funny like she used to be.  

Regular Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@sunshine 919   I so agree with you about Dan's hair.  And, speaking of hair, what about Jackie's?  It looks really awful.  

I don't like the changes they've made to Jackie's character.  She was always a favorite of mine, but now they have her overacting, over re-acting, and just not funny like she used to be.  

Liked her better on Big Bang.  

Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember she had her own sitcom after Roseanne ,  I think one of the son's was gay , it was very good , i enjoyed her in it.

Trusted Contributor

It's still on our lineup but I don't really like watching.  I think it's depressing.  

Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

It's still on our lineup but I don't really like watching.  I think it's depressing.  

Yes, this is why I stopped watching, the characters are so needy, and so sad looking all the time.