Honored Contributor

@Marceil wrote:

Quit watching after Roseann was fired from her own show.  Cancel culture.

@Marceil  Consequence culture.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I just started watching the old Roseanne.  Never watched it really before.  It's okay.

Trusted Contributor

I watched it last night for the first time, too, inspired by watching Roseanne marathons on TVLAND on Saturdays.  I'd forgot how hilarious she was back then.  I watched intermittently back in the late 80s, early 90s, and related to the way the Connors' life was depicted.  I was in the same age group.

It was a shock to see the family fastforwarded 30 odd years, but it happened to me and my kids, too!

It is quite the soap opera.  Someone said in YouTube comments that excuses for the youngest Connor baby, and Jackie's baby were made in the first new episode - they said Jerry was on a fishing boat in Alaska.

I found it all very sad.  I know Roseanne has had her problems, but I still have a great deal of affection for her.  I put her right up there with Lucy.  

I don't think she was treated fairly by ABC, either.

Honored Contributor

Jerry did not appear in Season 10, nor has he appeared on The Conners. His absence is explained by Roseanne as him being on a fishing boat in Alaska.

Andy has been retconned out of existence in The Conners, with producer Bruce Helford explaining that the producers of the new show have chosen to deliberately ignore certain developments of later seasons of Roseanne -- including Andy's birth.

via wikipedia

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I  watched The Roseanne show and continued with the Conners.  I always have a few laughs during the show and think many realities and issues are covered with comedy. I do like the cast and feel the show worthy of watching.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I watch it and enjoy it. To each her own!  😀

@Venezia   .... I agree with you..... I enjoy it!!!! ..... not every show is meant to be enjoyed by every viewer .... that’s what makes the world turn around!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: The Conners

[ Edited ]

I am a big fan of the original Roseanne show and also enjoy the reboot, both before and after Roseanne left.  Jay Ferguson and Katie Segal are outstanding additions to the cast.  Laurie Metcalf's character, Jackie, was a little too goofy for my taste at the start of the reboot, but has toned down.  I've always appreciated the fact that they deal with current issues, even controversial ones, that other shows wouldn't touch.

Respected Contributor

@Marceil wrote:

Quit watching after Roseann was fired from her own show.  Cancel culture.

after what she said? you can't be serious.appalling.

Respected Contributor

I watch it because they are not afraid to tell it like it is regarding real life situations.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Re: The Conners

[ Edited ]

I'm a fan of the show and think it's very funny. I didn't  think Candace Bergen's role was necessary. The show keeps adding in side characters. Bergen's character wasn't funny.