Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Conners....Roseanne spinoff

@DREAMON wrote:

I would be much more interested in Dan, Jackie, and Jackie and Roseannes Mother.....Darlene and her kids were not interesting to me in the reboot. I don't think it will make it past 1 season but time will tell.

The odds of this spinoff making it is slim to none. Most of the spinoffs have died after one season. I read that Roseanne has three offers to do her own show. We sha!l see what happens. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hsawaknow wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

I felt Roseanne's punishment was extreme.  There have been other actors and politicians who have done or said the same or worse with less of a consequence.

Some with no consequence. Robert DiNero got a standing ovation for his crude speech at the Tony's.

You are so correct. I agree with your opinion. I just think of all the horrible statements made and nothing happens. Look what happened to Last Man Standing, it had real high ratings and was cancel!ed due to conservative views. Fox picked it up and will air during the fall. IMHO, it is all political.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

I felt Roseanne's punishment was extreme.  There have been other actors and politicians who have done or said the same or worse with less of a consequence.

Some with no consequence. Robert DiNero got a standing ovation for his crude speech at the Tony's.

You are so correct. I agree with your opinion. I just think of all the horrible statements made and nothing happens. Look what happen to Last Man Standing, it had real high ratings and was cancel!ed diue to do conservative views. Fox picked it up and will air during the fall. IMHO, it is all political.

Again—the comments for which Roseanne was fired were racist, not political.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

You are so correct. I agree with your opinion. I just think of all the horrible statements made and nothing happens. Look what happened to Last Man Standing, it had real high ratings and was cancel!ed due to conservative views. Fox picked it up and will air during the fall. IMHO, it is all political.

Agree , agree, agree !!!  Some have to pay the consequences while others just  sn sat whatever they please.  Double standards 😏😼

i really liked the show and have always liked Roseanne ,  and the original series,  it's too bad it was cancelled.   Maybe some other channel will pick it up like they did with Last man Standing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@elated wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Agree , agree, agree !!!  Some have to pay the consequences while others just  sn sat whatever they please.  Double standards 😏😼

i really liked the show and have always liked Roseanne ,  and the original series,  it's too bad it was cancelled.   Maybe some other channel will pick it up like they did with Last man Standing.

@Kitty Galore  I believe she sold the rights to the new show.  She is rich enough, maybe she could script another show, produce it, etc., herself, but then wonder which company would pick it up to air it.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@elated wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Kitty Galore  I believe she sold the rights to the new show.  She is rich enough, maybe she could script another show, produce it, etc., herself, but then wonder which company would pick it up to air it.

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@elated wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@mousiegirl  I didn't realize she had sold the rights to the show.  She may not need the money but might just lime working.  I have a feeling she will script a new show and I beileve a company could pick it up.  Guess will have to wait and see 

Honored Contributor

I was watching my local news yesterday, they said Roseanne will be out of the country when The Conners premieres as she will be in Israel studying Judaism.

Valued Contributor

I was never a fan of Roseann and only saw a few episodes of the original. I didn't watch the reboot but will try The Connors. I think it will be much better without her!

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I just saw there is going to be a spin off of the Roseanne show obviously without Roseanne.  I liked the Roseanne show but not sure how it will be without her.  She was the core of the show and the other actors were responding to her character.  I am hoping it will be a good show so all those actors and writers will still have a job and hopefully I will have a comedy to watch. There are not many comedies anymore.   

I saw the first commercial for it yesterday.  I am hoping it will be good too.  I was so enjoying the reboot.  

Honored Contributor

I wont be watching. Without Roseanne it probably wont last long.

It is hard to find any good comedies on tv and thats sad. There are too many reality shows and violent shows.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller