Honored Contributor

Re: The Conners....Roseanne spinoff

So will they be killing her character off, they already killed off John Goodman's character years ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll give it a try.  Wouldn't it be funny if the Roseanne character was written off the show by being appointed to a Cabinet position?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope the show will be a success.  I always enjoyed watching Roseanne, but with recent events, not much anymore.  I feel bad for those over 300 people that lost jobs between hair makeup, producers, directors, and on and on.  They deserve another chance.

Fingers crossed for a good return of the show, minus her.

Valued Contributor

I was never crazy about the kids - only Roseanne and Dan.  Won't be watching.

Respected Contributor

I will give it a try. I have my doubts , but lately some things I thought could never occur has ! Smiley Happy I think the chance for the young actors  is especially nice and all of the behind the scenes crew. It is a shame that one person's lack of decorum could spoil it.

I agree with @chiclet about comedies.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t remember much about the original Roseanne, but know I used to watch it. Watched the new Roseanne and was shocked by how much I liked it. And it was because of the Roseanne character. I’ll give it a chance, but I just don’t know how the new show would work without her.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twitter’s giving it not just a ‘no’, but a ‘h*llz no’.

There’s lots of speculation & curiosity on how they’re

going to write out the main character.  

Tons of creative suggestions....giggle.

😂

My prediction is they’ll film, but it’ll ‘sit in the can’ forever,

never televising a single episode.  Maybe for Netflix or other

paid-platform, but I can’t imagine the advertisers being on board

with a train wreak like this. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing if they can pull this off.

I don't think it will have the same flair, but it will center around Darlene, and with the interest her kids have added, it could work. 

I'm not sure how political they can/should be now, or how it will go over if they are.

But I'm happy for the cast and crew, and I enjoy all the old characters and the new ones introduced. 

Let's see what they can do.

Honored Contributor

Roseanne was given an undisclosed settlement for this spinoff to happen.  Since she created the characters it doesn't surprise me at all.

While I feel for the writers and back stage employees, Goodman, Metcalf, Gilbert do not need the $$ from this spinoff.  Losing that "job" for them isn't taking anything from them.

I don't intend to watch the spinoff; the first episdoe with Rosanne was enough for me, although I did like the early years with the original.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I will not be watching.