Honored Contributor

Re: The Coaches for Season 24 of The Voice have been revealed..

@santorini wrote:

These "talent" shows spend so much time on back stories of the contestants.  I'm not really interested in that.  I would like to see more singing/dancing/whatever without the stories.  I could understand revealing some important things about the final few contestants but I wish they would highlight the talent more than the history of the contestants.

I agree.  The time spent on the 'sob stories' are why i quit watching

Respected Contributor

I thought Blake quit the show to spend more time with his family.  Guess he won't be spending more time with Gwen.

Honored Contributor

Reba McIntyre.  It's now officially a show for old people.  

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@santorini wrote:

These "talent" shows spend so much time on back stories of the contestants.  I'm not really interested in that.  I would like to see more singing/dancing/whatever without the stories.  I could understand revealing some important things about the final few contestants but I wish they would highlight the talent more than the history of the contestants.

@santorini 

I would agree with you. Everyone has a sad background story to share. That get's old real fast. 

Clarification on my comment about Chance the rapper. He seemed to be a genuinely nice person. However, this is a singing competition. I just was not sure what he brought to the show. 

@icezeus   Chance has a great singing voice.  Did you see the song that the Coaches sang together?  They sang "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You."  It was so good.  Go to You Tube and put in Niall, Chance, Kelly and Blake Perform Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You.  I would post the link, but it would be deleted.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I would prefer Chance to come back than Gwen.  I just don't like her as a judge, although she might be okay without Blake (I do like him).  

I think Chance is a very good judge.  I like the way he works with his team and produces their songs.  I hope he comes back again.  I didn't know anything about him until this season on The Voice.  I know he's a rapper, but he has a great singing voice, too.  I loved when the Coaches sang "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" together.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@icezeus , thanks for this info.  We used to watch it years ago and then stopped because of all of the antics and not keeping it about the contestants.

You mentioned who the coaches are going to be and after seeing Reba, we will start watching again.  She comes across as a down to earth person.  Many years ago, she was in our town for a concert and needed help with a minor back injury; she ended up going to my chiropractor; he said she was very nice and down to earth.  He said she's also very petite.

Looking forward to this season and thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

That's great news! I like all four of them. Good for Reba! That will be a great mix.... I love The Voice. Wish Blake wasn't leaving. 

Honored Contributor

I will miss Kelly, maybe now Blake won't be around Gwen will be less annoying. I like Reba but I feel she's too nice to be fighting for contestants!

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

That's great news! I like all four of them. Good for Reba! That will be a great mix.... I love The Voice. Wish Blake wasn't leaving. 

@Goldengate8361 

I know that a lot of people found Blake annoying, but I found him to be very amusing. He also, in my opinion was a good coach and if you listened to the reports he did a lot to try and advanced various members of his teams over the years. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I will miss Kelly, maybe now Blake won't be around Gwen will be less annoying. I like Reba but I feel she's too nice to be fighting for contestants!

@Jordan2 

I like Kelly as well. I wonder if she is just taking another break or it's also been reported that her talk show is being moved to NY. So perhaps she needs to find her new work rhythm. I also read  that she is in Las Vegas this summer doing a residency so she is a busy woman.