Esteemed Contributor

I never watched the original airings.  I'm catching with the reruns on STARTV.  It's a great show.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal: I enjoyed watching "The Closer" as well and was sorry to see it come to an end. Have you seen "Major Crimes"? It was the follow up series after "The Closer"  ended. It may be available On Demand. I highly recommend it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@qbetzforreal: I enjoyed watching "The Closer" as well and was sorry to see it come to an end. Have you seen "Major Crimes"? It was the follow up series after "The Closer"  ended. It may be available On Demand. I highly recommend it. 

@Diva on The Q-I have not seen Major Crimes.  I have seen a couple episodes of The Closer with Mary McDonnell.  I'll look for it.  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved “The Closer” all through the series.  Thought it was wonderful when “Major Crimes” began, keeping the whole police crew together after Brenda exited the show.  That, too, was a great series that both DH and I loved watching.  Of course, for some crazy reason, the network decided to end “Major Crimes.”  With all substandard things on TV, they ended that!  I don’t know if there are DVDs of both series out you might buy or get from a library, mainly because while every episode is of course new, there is quite a sequence of events that flows through each series.  

Esteemed Contributor

Loved The Closer and Major Crimes. Two very great female lead shows. 

Trusted Contributor

It is available on Prime if you have that. 

Honored Contributor

The Closer was such a great ensemble drama.   All the characters were excellent

I've seen every episode and watched faithfully but it's one of those shows I just don't re-watch.    

Honored Contributor

I seldom watch a show (TV or movie) more than once.  If I really like something, I'll watch it maybe twice.

I've been watching "The Closer".  I watched it when it was first on and really enjoyed it.

I started backward watching it (that's how it came on).  Then at the end, it started at the beginning (Episode 1, Season 1).

I always find it fascinating to watch shows like this (that have run for a few years).  It's always interesting to see how the characters have evolved, aged, etc.

In the beginning the main character (Brenda) is learning how 'things are done' there in La La Land (as they say).  As time goes on ...... well, she runs the show (so to speak).

If any of you are looking for something to watch, I recommend this show.  Toward the end (as the show totally ends), we get to see Brenda reflecting on how she's managed her time with the LA PD.  I love the characters on this show.  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I loved “The Closer” all through the series.  Thought it was wonderful when “Major Crimes” began, keeping the whole police crew together after Brenda exited the show.  That, too, was a great series that both DH and I loved watching.  Of course, for some crazy reason, the network decided to end “Major Crimes.”  With all substandard things on TV, they ended that!  I don’t know if there are DVDs of both series out you might buy or get from a library, mainly because while every episode is of course new, there is quite a sequence of events that flows through each series.  

@PamfromCT 

Really enjoyed “The Closer”, and SO agree that there are many shows I’d choose to end rather than either it, or “Major Crimes”.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q   Yes, I've watched that also when it was on the first time.

I assume eventually, this station will repeat that one.  I didn't like it quite as much, but it was good.

Not to brag @Diva on The Q  but you and I have good taste.....Ha! Ha!  Take care and be safe.  Annabelle the cat.