Honored Contributor

Re: The Clinton Affair - 3 day miniseries - A & E - tonight

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I suppose this would be interesting say to someone younger who was just a kid when it all happened.

I am pretty much burnt out on the subject of Clinton VS Lewisky. She was an adult and CHOSE to have the affair. It was not like she was 10 years old.  She could have said NO.   She decided to go ahead.  He did not force her to.

She made a poor decision and now wants everyone to feel sorry for her that she was taken advantage of..... BALONEY

Time for her to just get over what she did and move on as most people already have,  and this story is just OLD NEWS.

@SeaMaiden  So are you saying that all these women that came forward and got a lot of men fired without trial simply made poor decisions and want  people to feel sorry for them?  I don't see how this is different than what's in the news today. Except it was THE most powerful person in the USA who was involved.

OLD NEWS is costing a lot of men their jobs.  Seems like an issue to revisit and examine why she did what she did. 

@Sooner   This is nothing like the women who came out recently.  

She was not raped...she never in all her interviews or books said that HE forced her to do anything....  she accepted gifts from him....  she never said he told her do sexual acts OR she will lose her job. There were no threats...no force...just two adults. 

She could have said NO. End of story.  She played along with it. Yes he was a man in power.... but he treated her well and she wanted what she got.  

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I suppose this would be interesting say to someone younger who was just a kid when it all happened.

I am pretty much burnt out on the subject of Clinton VS Lewisky. She was an adult and CHOSE to have the affair. It was not like she was 10 years old.  She could have said NO.   She decided to go ahead.  He did not force her to.

She made a poor decision and now wants everyone to feel sorry for her that she was taken advantage of..... BALONEY

Time for her to just get over what she did and move on as most people already have,  and this story is just OLD NEWS.

@SeaMaiden  So are you saying that all these women that came forward and got a lot of men fired without trial simply made poor decisions and want  people to feel sorry for them?  I don't see how this is different than what's in the news today. Except it was THE most powerful person in the USA who was involved.

OLD NEWS is costing a lot of men their jobs.  Seems like an issue to revisit and examine why she did what she did. 

She was not raped...she never in all her interviews or books said that HE forced her to do anything....  she accepted gifts from him....  she never said he told her do sexual acts OR she will lose her job. There were no threats...no force...just two adults. 

She could have said NO. End of story.  She played along with it. Yes he was a man in power.... but he treated her well and she wanted what she got.  

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Well, we'll have to disagree on that.  He knew better too didn't he?  He was old, married and the President.  He didn't have to do "it" whatever "it is" did he?  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I don't personally have any interest in watching it.  Yet I agree that it's a significant part of the history of the White House and the presidency, and therefore will always be a subject for exploration.  The whole thing was sad and sordid, difficult to contemplate, involving as it did a young, relatively inexperienced intern in the White House.

@Oznell  Many past Presidents have had sordid affairs.....in the White House.  It just never got out in the news. Kennedy of course.....and FDR and Eleanor had a special arrangement, LBJ had no shame, and Harding had a favorite closet....AND a secret daughter....

and of couse history repeats itself.....

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Well, we'll have to disagree on that.  He knew better too didn't he?  He was old, married and the President.  He didn't have to do "it" whatever "it is" did he?  

@Sooner   Most men KNOW BETTER.😉

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I love 'ya cause we can agree to disagree and enjoy the discussion!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I love 'ya cause we can agree to disagree and enjoy the discussion!

@Sooner Yes! I think  it makes for a healthy and interesting discussion. Be respectful and have YOUR OPINION🙃🙂😉

Esteemed Contributor

I really didn't pay a lot of attention at the time, but I certainly don't see Monica L. as a "victim."

From what I understand, she basically chased him until she "caught" (?) him.

There aren't *too many* men who will turn down what she offered. JS

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaidenThe difference is that she was his employee.  Very clear that he violated rules, very clear.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I really didn't pay a lot of attention at the time, but I certainly don't see Monica L. as a "victim."

From what I understand, she basically chased him until she "caught" (?) him.

There aren't *too many* men who will turn down what she offered. JS

I agree with your assessment within the context of the time period. But if we judge by today's standards, he should have been the kind of man who would say no. He was the president. That should mean something. He was her boss too, there is a power dynamic there that benefits him. There was a big, big age difference. I love BC- I think he was one of our best. Whip smart and charismatic. But I've come to understand that he was wrong in every sense on this particular issue.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@SeaMaidenThe difference is that she was his employee.  Very clear that he violated rules, very clear.  

George HW Bush's mistress worked for him in the government.  They kept it very quiet -- and the press was less intrusive then and the two political parties worked together in those days.   So the biggest difference is the intern Monica was weaponized for political reasons and it escalated to a media and political circus -- and Jennifer Fitzgerald, who had a paying job working for George HW, was not.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina  Oh no question that he was wrong.

For one thing, he is married.

But she was wrong, too. I was under the impression she *deliberately* set out to seduce him although as I said, I didn't follow the story that closely at the time.

There aren't many men who would turn that down. She was a beautiful young woman, offering to make him happy.

In other news, shoutout to Woman LOL