Esteemed Contributor

The Cleaning Lady/ New Series on Fox

[ Edited ]

It started tonight on Fox. Oliver Hudson, Elodie Young and Adan Canto star in it.I thought it was interesting and had potential. It was developed by Miranda Kwok, based on the 2017 Argentinian series La Chica Que Limpia.

It is a crime drama about a Cambodian doctor and mother who is forced to work as an undocumented cleaning lady in the U.S. ---and then as a cleaner for the mob.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Cleaning Lady/ New Series on Fox

I really wanted to see this! I missed it, darn it! I'll be tuning in next week. 

Trusted Contributor

@elated Agree, interesting show w/potential.  My dh even liked it & he's a little squeemish(sp?).

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the pilot last night and really enjoyed the show. 

Honored Contributor

It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but I will give it another shot.  This reminds me vaguely of another show that was on BBC or one of those channels a few years ago but it featured a guy who was a "cleaner" and it was more gritty and more realistic.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I decided not to watch this. I have so much I watch and DVR, I can't add anything else there aren't enough hours in the day to see everything. Also I don't like when I like a program and after one season it gets cancelled. 

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

It started tonight on Fox. Oliver Hudson, Elodie Young and Adan Canto star in it.I thought it was interesting and had potential. It was developed by Miranda Kwok, based on the 2017 Argentinian series La Chica Que Limpia.

It is a crime drama about a Cambodian doctor and mother who is forced to work as an undocumented cleaning lady in the U.S. ---and then as a cleaner for the mob.

Thank you, this was one I intend to watch.  I like to check them out when the episodes hit On Demand.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

It is well acted with good writing but basically it's about empathizing with illegals who desperately need medical assistance here and the pitfalls they go through to get it.  It turned out, her new boss while also an illegal was wealthy and supposedly did a money exchange to the doctor that she needed (for her 5 year old son) for a bone marrow transplant.  Don't know if that will be the end of the medical issues that pretty much defined why she chose to work for that man or if now the show will concentrate on her being a cleaning lady for his illegal activities. 

Regular Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

It is well acted with good writing but basically it's about empathizing with illegals who desperately need medical assistance here and the pitfalls they go through to get it.  It turned out, her new boss while also an illegal was wealthy and supposedly did a money exchange to the doctor that she needed (for her 5 year old son) for a bone marrow transplant.  Don't know if that will be the end of the medical issues that pretty much defined why she chose to work for that man or if now the show will concentrate on her being a cleaning lady for his illegal activities. 

Watched it but that's it for me.  The premise of the show doesn't make it a must watch here.

Honored Contributor

@elated  "It is a crime drama about a Cambodian doctor"

That is where I got confused. 

Spoiler

She told that cute Mexican gangster leader she's Cambodian doctor who worked/lived in the Philippines & was well known there.  If that is so, why did she let hers & her sick son's medical Visas expire & not renew same?  confused.gif

If I had a child that needed a transplant in order to survive, I would do everything possible to make sure my Visas would stay current and/or renew same.  Plus it appears she is stringing her  dr HUSBAND along who I gather is still in the Philippines.  Was not made clear if he is aware of her Visa issues.  confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif