Esteemed Contributor

The Chase - New TV Show Coming

The three top winners of Jeopardy! will have a new game show with no date set as yet.  It is called The Chase, and it will be hosted by Sara Haines.  In the show, three regular contestants will face off against one TV trivia champion, a.k.a. the Chaser, (James Holtzhauer, Brad Rutter, and Ken Jennings) to try to win cash prizes.  Based on a British tv show.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: The Chase - New TV Show Coming

I liked the original version starring The Beast and hosted by Brooke Burns.  Will give this new version a viewing.

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I liked the original version starring The Beast and hosted by Brooke Burns.  Will give this new version a viewing.

I agree.......the original show which was shown on the Game Show Network for the last few years was very good....and the ORIGINAL BEAST brilliant...

Honored Contributor

I wonder how Sara Haines got this gig? Maybe ABC thought they owed it to her after having her booted from The View for the disaster of the third hour of GMA.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wonder how Sara Haines got this gig? Maybe ABC thought they owed it to her after having her booted from The View for the disaster of the third hour of GMA.

@Jordan2  I don't know if you knew, but Sara is back on The View.  I don't know if she's just filling in for Meghan McCain or if she's back for good.

I still watch The Chase on GSN even though I've seen each episode multiple times. I'm not a fan of Ken Jennings so I don't know about this one.  Nothing against Sara, but I also don't like how producers seem to think just anyone can be a game show host.  

Honored Contributor

@@Re: The Chase - New TV Show Coming

@VanSleepy I do know Sara is back, she should have never left. Anna Navarro is filling in for Meghan.