Super Contributor

Re: The Catered Affair - Tues., Apr. 8th @ 8 PM ET - TCM

Darn, you posted this too late, didn't see it in time to catch it. But thanks.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

KathyLFan, That is just so cool that you've been able to meet these people. The closest I've come to meeting a real star (not just a celebrity) is when Bob Hope drove past me in a golf cart at Disneyland, LOL. They weren't going fast so I was able to see him and that truly was a memorable moment for me :-)

I think that is cool about seeing Bob Hope! I have heard about several people seeing celebs at Disneyland; I've been there maybe half dozen separate trips (some more than 1 day) over 30 yrs & I have never seen anyone! (Except for 50th anniv. when I paid to attend an event with Disney only celebs or Imagineers.)

hope-q, they show A CATERED AFFAIR a lot on TCM, at least once a year, often more, & it is on DVD too. You might check TCM's schedule for birthday programming around Jan. (Ernie) & April (both Bette & Debbie), which is why it was on last week. But it may very well be on again this year, it must be popular (& why not, w/3 stars in it?).

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry that you missed it, Marsha2003, cyndog and hope-Q, however, if you download the Watch TCM app, you'll be able to see The Catered Affair.

The app is a relatively recent feature that allows you to view certain selected films for about a week or so after they've aired on the cable channel.

As adelle38 indicated, it's a superb script, adapted from an original Paddy Chayefsky teleplay in "The Golden Age of Television." That's when weekly original live dramas were presented on such illustrious programs as Alcoa Theater and Playhouse 90. I hope you enjoy it.

KathyLFan, what wonderful stories and precious memories. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Super Contributor

TCM repeats A Catered Affair on Friday, May 2nd at 2:00 AM EDT.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/1/2014 keri said: TCM repeats A Catered Affair on Friday, May 2nd at 2:00 AM EDT.

keri - thanks for posting. Have my DVR set. I missed it last month and have only seen bits and pieces of it. Looking forward to seeing the whole movie.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Keri.

Super Contributor

If you missed it in April, last week's repeat and on the TCM mobile app, The Catered Affair will air once again Sunday, May 11th at 7:45 AM EDT as part of the nine-film, Mother's Day salute.

Honored Contributor

I saw the end of it this morning, then Now Voyager, now Gypsy, what a lineup!!! And Stella Dallas last night.