Honored Contributor

Re: The Brittany Murphy Story

I loved her in The Ramen Girl. I think the OP was really harsh. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I've never been able to sit through any Lifetime movie. They all seem to follow a similar formula and look like they were made on a shoestring budget. The acting leaves a great deal to be desired. I haven't seen the Murphy bio but I believe the OP's review.

And who would base their opinion on a person based on a lifetime movie in the first place?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I knew Britney when we were young.  We attended the same dance school.  I remember her being a very outgoing, giggly and over-the-top kid.  She was always smiling.  Her mom was the typical stage mom.  When the moms we allowed to watch us during class she would be "coaching" Britney from afar, making sure she was smiling, making sure she was acting "perfect", instead of allowing her to be a normal girl enjoying her dance class.  Its very sad how young she died.

Honored Contributor

She was fantastic in Girl, Interrupted, 8 Mile, and Clueless.......I think she was definitely talented, but passed away way too soon.......

Esteemed Contributor

I liked her very much.  She was one of my favorite actresses before she died.  I always thought she was just a cute as a bug.  

The Lifetime movie was a piece of rushed, poorly written and poorly acted junk IMO and didn't even come close to doing her, or her story, justice.