Honored Contributor

Those of you who know me are used to me bla blaing on this show every week.

I ask myself....."Why Annabelle?  Why do you watch this stupid show?"  Ugh!

If it were me, I'd give them $50,000, keep $50,000.  I don't understand what the problem is.  There is no way you can get these people out of total debt, but that would make a big impact on both lives.

My late husband was a systems analyst.  I can hear him analysing this situation.  He'd say it would get them out of immediate finance problems and help the other family.

I agree, I think 50/50 makes total sense.  If both would do that they each get $100,000.  Simple.

You can't save the world but you can put a dent into it and help yourself and your family at the same time.

I always find it interesting to see what these families do with the $1,000.  No one ever in my entire life gave me anything (money wise).  We did it on our own.  We have given money to just about every person in our family and no one ever paid it back.  That's OK, I'm saying help others but help yourself.....50/50.

What do you guys think?

Honored Contributor

I think those LA people should pack up and move.  Now the see how the other half of the country lives, get out of LA.  

They could have a good life somewhere else.  Family could visit.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Briefcase

[ Edited ]

I think those LA people should pack up and move.  Now the see how the other half of the country lives, get out of LA.  

They could have a good life somewhere else.  Family could visit.

Yes it would do people good to do that, all the decent people should leave the miserable behind, if they can't see the good... It is called stretching or reaching up excising the courage muscle (faith) you can do it... the Lord helps those who help themselves....

I think the rags to riches stories will always be in vogue, it makes all feel good, the reward is the journey getting there, and realizing what one is capable of....

We are more than we know....

Honored Contributor

I've watched about four episodes now. It amazes me how generous some people are in giving strangers money when they are in need themselves. They are far better human beings than I am! I would do the 50/50 spilt of the money. The last episode the family with the foster children gave all $100,000 to the other family. That family walked away with something like $150,000. I don't think this is really fair. The show states that the distribution of money is final. I would fell just terrible if the other family was so unselfish and gave me all the money.

Regular Contributor

50/50 sounds right to me also, however, the show would get pretty boring if everyone did the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Hi Annabelle,

I haven't seen this one yet, or Under the Dome. I think I've gone to sleep for some of these shows. I turn in very early and get up very early. But I think you're right. Why not split it. Seems fair to me too.

Honored Contributor

It's almost as if they know people are getting a case also.  I agree about generous people.

I'd definitely do 50/50.  I worry about these people getting so much money at once.  Often times you can trace back with people and see twists and turns on how they ended up in such terrible debt.  

It's too bad these producers don't offer to hire someone to help them get out of debt.  Instead they throw all of this money at them.  Can you imagine the familyvulture hanging around?  It will be gone before they pay their bills.

Esteemed Contributor

I find the program interesting why they give so much to some people. Speaking of the LA people they might not move since they are living their heritage in their music etc.

Honored Contributor

About the LA group.  Well, a lot of people do whatever they have to in order that their family stay together and live a nice life.

It obviously isn't safe where they are.  Why in the name of heaven would they continue to stay there.  It is easier to stay in a place because you know it rather than go somewhere else even though it is a better move.  They got a look at what live can be like on the other 'side of the fence' so to speak, why wouldn't they use that money and get out of Dodge?

I don't understand people.  I have no patience with people who aren't willing to make a change for the better just because it is different.  All that money!

They can celebrate their heritage somewhere it's safer for their children and their children can get a good education so they can better their lives.  Believe me...I know what i'm talking about.

Trusted Contributor

I watched the first two episodes.  I knew immediately that 50/50 is what I would do.  That is the definition of "fair" to me.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the reason so many are giving away more than 50% is because they're on t.v. and they want to make sure they look good on camera.  They might even be secretly hoping that the producers will reward them somehow if they are generous.

That said, there's something about the voyeurism of this show that bugs me.  The family is so happy when they're given the briefcase of $100,000 and told that it's all their's.  Then they have the dilemma of keeping or giving the money away, and their happiness quickly turns into turmoil and tears.  I feel bad for them.  Comes across kind-of mean to put them through all of that.