Honored Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- October 2017 (includes spoilers)

Looks like I missed some good scenes yesterday moving around the house while it was on.  I didn't see Bill snatch the sword off.  Bill is a little too dramatic for me.  He's too one sided.  Revenge in all things.  Hate people like that....on tv as well as real life.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Bill is pleading with Brooke not to leave him. He's changed, learned from his mistakes, etc. So she leaves him and what's the first thing he's thinking about? Revenge on Liam.

Wasn't it revenge for Ridge, trying to break up Bill & Brooke's wedding, that got Ridge almost killed after Bill arranged for him to be tossed out of the helicopter?

Wasn't it revenge for Sally Jr's building, for CJ not agreeing to sell the building to Bill, that could have gotten people killed in the fire?

And she still doesn't know about his plot to get the "dying" Caroline Jr. back with Thomas. 

Bill will never stop. Brooke was right to leave him. Wait until she sees what he does next and she will for sure, be thankful she left him and ran back into Ridge's arms. Woman LOL

And that's why we love Bill. He'll never change.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

If Brooke really loved Bill in the first place, she would have at least offered him an ultimatum before she made her decision to divorce him.  She could have told him she’d stay with him only if he confessed to Sally, apologized and promised to never do anything like that again.  But she went directly to divorce.  It’s not like Brooke didn’t know how he was anyway.  I couldn’t marry a man that hated and mistreated my daughter like Bill did Hope.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm sort of re-upping with this soap after many years away... I still can't quite get past this Ridge, but hey, that's old news... Just a heads-up to anyone in the DC market, and probably others, as of now, CBS has done their ususal preemption of most of Young and Restless, so not sure the show will be on. If not, you can catch it on POP...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Quinn:  "No, No ....NO!"

Katie:  "Yes, Yes ....YES!"

Trusted Contributor

That was a good, old-fashioned Friday cliffhanger.....!!! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

Being a half hour soap I have always thought that B&B painted their characters and storylines with even broader brushstrokes than did other hour long shows. Not much room for subtlety! 

So if a character is "good," for the most part they are very, very good. Like Liam. Yes he vascillated back in his Hamlet days of hand-wringing over whether he should be with Hope or Steffy. But that was part of his "goodness" as he loved them both! I like Liam very much...always have. He comes across to me as genuine and thoughtful and decent.

Wyatt has been painted as mostly "bad" from the outset. Again his saving grace has been his love for Quinn. And something about his relationship with Katie has mellowed his character a bit....but the old Wyatt is still lurking. 

Steffy is not suited for Liam. Have never, ever liked her character. Whiny, petulant at times, self-absorbed. And she really has shown her true character in siding with Bill over Liam in this arson story.

Bill is supposed to be the dark villain! But he is a lovable villain! Here is one character where the writers do show someone who is both very bad but also with redeeming features. Bill is the most entertaining character on the show, imo!

Frankly I fast-forwarded through most of the Sally and Thomas romance! But the Sally that they are showing now with Liam is likeable to me. I think she was being very direct and honest on the jet when she told Liam that he was a real catch and that Steffy was lucky to have him...but that if she ever saw an opening where Steffy did not appreciate Liam, she would gladly go for it with him!

Still think Ridge with Brooke is a yawn. Too much chemistry between Ridge and Quinn to give up on that storyline...hope they will bring it back. Brooke belongs with Bill.

Have rambled on long enough! It is fun to see how others perceive these characters and storylines!! Something for everyone!! Woman Wink

Hey @yellowBeetle how are you doing?  YES, YES, and more YES.  I can't believe that Brooke is right back with Ridge.  How many times is this now????  Now those two  I find to be a real snooze.  Come on writers!Woman Very Happy

PS.  Just had a thought...if Throne is coming back hope he is really attractive and maybe he could take Brooke.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

Bill is pleading with Brooke not to leave him. He's changed, learned from his mistakes, etc. So she leaves him and what's the first thing he's thinking about? Revenge on Liam.

Wasn't it revenge for Ridge, trying to break up Bill & Brooke's wedding, that got Ridge almost killed after Bill arranged for him to be tossed out of the helicopter?

Wasn't it revenge for Sally Jr's building, for CJ not agreeing to sell the building to Bill, that could have gotten people killed in the fire?

And she still doesn't know about his plot to get the "dying" Caroline Jr. back with Thomas. 

Bill will never stop. Brooke was right to leave him. Wait until she sees what he does next and she will for sure, be thankful she left him and ran back into Ridge's arms. Woman LOL

Well, if Bill had Ridge dropped off the copter a little higher up it might have either killed him off or cleaned him up a little!  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie

I always like watching the evil, nasty characters.  (I try, try, try to avoid them in life!).

As characters, they are usually more complex and entertaining.

Sometimes they get written too broadly and can seem like a caricature. At times, they've gotten close with Bill but, usually at least a slight nuance comes through.  

Since Liam would never back down, we don't get the chance to see if Bill still would have sought some sort of revenge, even had Liam gave up his blackmail coup or, suggested a compromise. 

(I think Bill still would have wanted revenge. 

Of course, the two are so much alike in feeling "right" and being absolutist that compromise would never enter either head! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@lainey1 wrote:

Well, if Bill had Ridge dropped off the copter a little higher up it might have either killed him off or cleaned him up a little!  Woman LOL

Seriously... he IS the nastiest looking man... At least on this show...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...