Honored Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- October 2017 (includes spoilers)

Wow, @trenet, you have a lot to back up what you say about my guy Liam.  Some of it I can understand.  Some not so much.  I should waited til morning when my energy is high and I would dissect your post, lol.  There was something you said about Wyatt being mistreated the I highly disagreed with but for the most part, I can disagree about but can see why you feel as you do.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I haven't watched the show in weeks, but I wouldn't miss this thread!!!  Ha ha ha ha ha!

It is better than the Oh No It's OCTOBER and the Christmas trees are out fights!  MY oh MY!

But speaking of the holidays, Santa made a comment recently about Miss Sally.  Did you hear it?  He said "Ho HO HO!"  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie

I look forward to your dissection! Woman Happy 

As for Wyatt, (who I don't particularly like either!) 

I'm merely referring to Liam's behavior and attitude towards him when they were in Bill's office talking post blackmail-coup:   snotty and patronizing.  

Your guy Liam is being a lot like Bill.   "I'm right, things are to be done my way and too bad what anyone else thinks!"

I hope the writers intended the irony. 

Honored Contributor

@trenet, the irony probably was intended.  Since Liam is a Spencer, of course there is negative DNA swimming around in Liam that is bound to surface from time to time.

About gf stealing Wyatt....it's about time he gave some smack to Wyatt cause Wyatt has given plenty.  Unfortunately, some of the things Wyatt bring us now about Bill coming after Liam are true.  But his nasty, stinginess about Liam doing decent things for Spencer employees is awful.  They both have benefited from being the son of a rich man.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Being a half hour soap I have always thought that B&B painted their characters and storylines with even broader brushstrokes than did other hour long shows. Not much room for subtlety! 

So if a character is "good," for the most part they are very, very good. Like Liam. Yes he vascillated back in his Hamlet days of hand-wringing over whether he should be with Hope or Steffy. But that was part of his "goodness" as he loved them both! I like Liam very much...always have. He comes across to me as genuine and thoughtful and decent.

Wyatt has been painted as mostly "bad" from the outset. Again his saving grace has been his love for Quinn. And something about his relationship with Katie has mellowed his character a bit....but the old Wyatt is still lurking. 

Steffy is not suited for Liam. Have never, ever liked her character. Whiny, petulant at times, self-absorbed. And she really has shown her true character in siding with Bill over Liam in this arson story.

Bill is supposed to be the dark villain! But he is a lovable villain! Here is one character where the writers do show someone who is both very bad but also with redeeming features. Bill is the most entertaining character on the show, imo!

Frankly I fast-forwarded through most of the Sally and Thomas romance! But the Sally that they are showing now with Liam is likeable to me. I think she was being very direct and honest on the jet when she told Liam that he was a real catch and that Steffy was lucky to have him...but that if she ever saw an opening where Steffy did not appreciate Liam, she would gladly go for it with him!

Still think Ridge with Brooke is a yawn. Too much chemistry between Ridge and Quinn to give up on that storyline...hope they will bring it back. Brooke belongs with Bill.

Have rambled on long enough! It is fun to see how others perceive these characters and storylines!! Something for everyone!! Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

You're sure right about both boys benefiting from rich Daddy.  They may not have had money growing up but, it didn't take long for them to feel entitled, as well as envious of what the other has. 

At times the Wyatt-Liam brother relationship reminds me of the Smothers Brothers - only with these twerps, it's Dad likes you best!

Liam's patronizing attitude to Wyatt just makes him seem more petty and hypocritical than St Liam should be.  I don't like Steffy but, his attitude to her (especially about SallyJr) is also rather patronizing and borders on disloyal.  (I love your image of the negative DNA swimming around! Gives me painting ideas.) 

As you said, Wyatt is right in his warning about Bill not ever stopping at anything in getting revenge.  

But, blackmailing Liam is so positive he's got the upper hand that he says "there is nothing Bill can do".  

That just shows how out of depth, how lacking in analytical ability he is. His self-righteousness and arrogance is getting in his way. (Or does he have permanent brain damage from his head injury?)

Even after seeing the ****** his Dad has done, poor delusional, little Liam cannot conceive of anything his

Dad could do to him! 

Hope it's entertaining but, I fear it will be nauseating. 

Trusted Contributor

@threecees

I found it rather telling that Eric felt the need to warn Mateo.  My first thought about Sheila's bankroll was where did she steal it?!

Honored Contributor

@trenet, not only is Liam naive, he's a little slow.  How can he not remember I lengths daddy went through to keep Hope and him apart!  This was pre saboteur Quinn.  Bill was the main reason that Liam and Steffy were able to get married the first time.

At this point, though, it seems that a breakup of his marriage will be just as much his fault as Daddy Warbucks.  But yes, the delusion continues.  I love Liam's blank stares, lol.

Respected Contributor

Mateo makes his phone call to Sheila in the foyer of the mansion where I'm sure, the sounds echos. I'm surprised no one overheard the call. I'd be asking Sheila to "show me the money" before I took part in this scheme. After all, she is living in a cheap motel.

Looks like Maya has her own wig now too!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Trusted Contributor

Hypocritical, clueless Liam says to Steffy, "You're my wife, shouldn't you be trying to see my point of view" but, he wasn't interested in her pov about Sally Jr. !!

Highlight though was the scene with Bill ripping the sword off "Preacher" Liam's neck and warning Liam that "his life is about to go up in flames".

I prefer revenge not to be announced and forewarned  but, I sure enjoyed that scene.  Don Diamont had the quiet seething, threatening voice perfect.   I hope the actors had as much fun doing the scene as I did watching.