Respected Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- January 2018 (includes spoilers)

Spoilers for the week of January 15: (from soapsheknows.com)

~ Hope learns what Sally's intentions are where Liam's concerned.

~ Liam and Steffy share a heartbreaking moment.

~ Rick and Thorne want Ridge out of Forrester Creations.

~ Justin, Brooke, and Ridge are surprised by Bill's decision.

~ Brooke visits Steffy and is stunned at her emotional state.

~ Ivy, along with Rick and Ridge, wonder if Bill has a new woman.

~ Thorne learns of Ridge and Brooke's wedding plans from Maya.

~ Ridge pays Bill a visit.

~ Bill considers Justin's reference to a future with Steffy.

~ Steffy readies herself to break the truth of her situation to Ridge.

~ Hope reaches out to Liam.

~ Liam removes his wedding ring and serves Steffy with annulment papers.

~ Sally gets defensive when Hope fishes for information about Liam.

~ Sally knows about Hope's history with Liam and doesn't want her in the way.

Coming up...

~ Ridge learns Bill is unconcerned with his divorce from Brooke because he is focused on his liaison with Steffy, which sends him into a fury.

~ Liam allows himself to be comforted by Hope.

~ Hope tells Liam how she's changed during her time away.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

I don't understand how Liam can get his marriage annulled. 

Civil Annulments

Typically, one of the following requirements must be met.

~ Fraud or misrepresentation - when one of the spouses has lied about something such as the ability to produce children, not being married to anyone else, marrying just to gain citizenship, and being old enough to consent to marriage.

~ Concealment - if one of the spouses hid a major fact, such as substance abuse problem, a felony conviction, children, impotency, or sexually transmitted diseases.

~ Misunderstanding - usually based on the desire to have children.

~ Impotency or Incest - if one of the spouses is incurably impotent, the other spouse has grounds for an annulment, as long as that spouse was not aware of the impotency prior to the marriage. Two people who are too close in familial relation to marry also have grounds for an annulment. This could include whole or half siblings, first cousins, parents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, etc.

~ Lack of consent - both parties must have the mental capacity to consent and must consent voluntarily to the marriage. If a party was forced or threatened into the marriage, the marriage can be annulled. One lacks mental capacity to consent to the marriage if they were insane or intoxicated at the time of the marriage.

Grounds for annulment in California:

The party seeking an annulment must prove at least one of the grounds before a California court can grant the annulment:

~ State laws automatically establish a marriage as invalid if it is bigamous, involving at least one spouse who was already married to someone else; or incestuous, involving siblings or other close blood relatives.

~ If a spouse can prove the marriage resulted from fraud or force.

~ If one of the spouses had an unsound mind or was under age 18 at the time of the marriage.

~ A spouse may be able to obtain an annulment based on the other spouse's incurable physical incapacity.

Of course civil and religious annulments are different. I wonder if we'll learn what the grounds for the annulment is?

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

I don't understand how Liam can get his marriage annulled. 

Civil Annulments

Typically, one of the following requirements must be met.

~ Fraud or misrepresentation - when one of the spouses has lied about something such as the ability to produce children, not being married to anyone else, marrying just to gain citizenship, and being old enough to consent to marriage.

~ Concealment - if one of the spouses hid a major fact, such as substance abuse problem, a felony conviction, children, impotency, or sexually transmitted diseases.

~ Misunderstanding - usually based on the desire to have children.

~ Impotency or Incest - if one of the spouses is incurably impotent, the other spouse has grounds for an annulment, as long as that spouse was not aware of the impotency prior to the marriage. Two people who are too close in familial relation to marry also have grounds for an annulment. This could include whole or half siblings, first cousins, parents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, etc.

~ Lack of consent - both parties must have the mental capacity to consent and must consent voluntarily to the marriage. If a party was forced or threatened into the marriage, the marriage can be annulled. One lacks mental capacity to consent to the marriage if they were insane or intoxicated at the time of the marriage.

Grounds for annulment in California:

The party seeking an annulment must prove at least one of the grounds before a California court can grant the annulment:

~ State laws automatically establish a marriage as invalid if it is bigamous, involving at least one spouse who was already married to someone else; or incestuous, involving siblings or other close blood relatives.

~ If a spouse can prove the marriage resulted from fraud or force.

~ If one of the spouses had an unsound mind or was under age 18 at the time of the marriage.

~ A spouse may be able to obtain an annulment based on the other spouse's incurable physical incapacity.

Of course civil and religious annulments are different. I wonder if we'll learn what the grounds for the annulment is?

Soap Opera Plot Device

Respected Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

As good a person as is Liam, I think this betrayal by his wife and father will be just too much for him to forgive...at least in the short term. 

And I don't think he should forgive them. Especially Steffy. She totally over-reacted to "the kisses" .... all the hysterics directed at Liam were so absurdly over-the-top. And then to be such a complete hypocrite and immediately jump into bed with Bill was insane.

And as sad as it would be, I keep thinking that Steffy will lose the baby. It could really be Liam's child or it could turn out to be Bill's child, and he either changed the paternity results himself ... or he paid a lab person or convinced the doctor to do it. But whoever the father is, I just do not see Steffy having the baby. 

Now the question will be who will Liam turn to next? Hope or Sally? 

And Ridge should be finding out about all of this soon .... those confrontation scenes with Bill will be explosive!

(One last thing...an APB should be put out for little Will! Where is that poor child??!! Woman Wink Katie seems to have forgotten all about him, lol....)

Hi @yellowBeetleand all B&B watchers. I can't believe we went through the whole week with uncertaintity of what Liam is going to do and Steffy just sitting cryng on the couch!  I really thought a decision would be made yesterday.  Hope this doesn't drag on too long like Y&R storylines.

Are Sally and Hope becoming "besties"?  Not such a good idea.Woman LOL  Maybe that will be the new "love triangle".  It makes me lean towards thinking Liam is leaving Steffy.

Yeah @yellowBeetle there could be something happening with the baby.  Remember the sinister look that Doctor gave before she announced the paternity results to Steffy?

Maybe she got her mortgage paid off!Cat LOLCat Wink  I don't see Steffy as a mother, at least not yet.  Have you noticed she never blames anything on Bill.  Maybe she will end up with him someday.  Katie knows Bill loves her.

yes, it's time for Ridge to get into the action, especially with Bill.  Can't wait!!  I miss Quinn and the rest of them.  They sure forgot about Thorne and Sheila pretty quick too.

I don't know, I am rooting for Sally and Liam - she is strong like Steffy.   The new Hope is ok, but once again, not lively enough to compliment Liam's laid back personality. Woman Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

As good a person as is Liam, I think this betrayal by his wife and father will be just too much for him to forgive...at least in the short term. 

And I don't think he should forgive them. Especially Steffy. She totally over-reacted to "the kisses" .... all the hysterics directed at Liam were so absurdly over-the-top. And then to be such a complete hypocrite and immediately jump into bed with Bill was insane.

And as sad as it would be, I keep thinking that Steffy will lose the baby. It could really be Liam's child or it could turn out to be Bill's child, and he either changed the paternity results himself ... or he paid a lab person or convinced the doctor to do it. But whoever the father is, I just do not see Steffy having the baby. 

Now the question will be who will Liam turn to next? Hope or Sally? 

And Ridge should be finding out about all of this soon .... those confrontation scenes with Bill will be explosive!

(One last thing...an APB should be put out for little Will! Where is that poor child??!! Woman Wink Katie seems to have forgotten all about him, lol....)

Hi @yellowBeetleand all B&B watchers. I can't believe we went through the whole week with uncertaintity of what Liam is going to do and Steffy just sitting cryng on the couch!  I really thought a decision would be made yesterday.  Hope this doesn't drag on too long like Y&R storylines.

Are Sally and Hope becoming "besties"?  Not such a good idea.Woman LOL  Maybe that will be the new "love triangle".  It makes me lean towards thinking Liam is leaving Steffy.

Yeah @yellowBeetle there could be something happening with the baby.  Remember the sinister look that Doctor gave before she announced the paternity results to Steffy?

Maybe she got her mortgage paid off!Cat LOLCat Wink  I don't see Steffy as a mother, at least not yet.  Have you noticed she never blames anything on Bill.  Maybe she will end up with him someday.  Katie knows Bill loves her.

yes, it's time for Ridge to get into the action, especially with Bill.  Can't wait!!  I miss Quinn and the rest of them.  They sure forgot about Thorne and Sheila pretty quick too.

I don't know, I am rooting for Sally and Liam - she is strong like Steffy.   The new Hope is ok, but once again, not lively enough to compliment Liam's laid back personality. Woman Happy 

Hi @SouthFlorida321,

You made some great points! Steffy never does seem to criticize or blame Bill...maybe they will wind up together! And Hope may be too Liam-like in her personality as you said, whereas Sally is more of a live-wire....it would be interesting to see Sally with Liam. And where is Thorne? And Quinn? And Sheila?

Since they have brought Hope back, I am wondering who they have in mind for her, if not Liam....Wyatt perhaps? Katie wouldn't like that...but maybe she would have more time to spend with little Will....if she can find him! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

ha!  @yellowBeetle She has never criticized Bill, always says it was 'both" of them equally at blame. Steffy is in such a desparate situation, she could have easily said Bill pushed her a bit....Cat LOL  (it could have saved her marriage and Bill would have taken the blame too....he already tried to, didn't he?)  Plus Bill needs a love interest.

With Hope, I have a feeling it could be once again  a Hope-Wyatt-Liam situation leaving Katie out in the cold. But then again that leaves the door open for Katie/Eric (assuming a Quinn-Ridge duo). I really enjoy her being so very happy and light hearted lately with Wyatt. 

With all that said, where would that leave Sally?  I don't think she will be written out.  This is so confusing with the possibilities.  Hope they speed up storyline  next week too.

Oh, poor Will will most likely come back as a grown teenager soon.Woman Very Happy

Regular Contributor

For goodness sake.  Who spends all their time in bed like Wyatt and Katie have been doing.   Sickening.   I wonder who is going to end up with whom.  I also can't wait till Ridge gets ahold of the Bill and Steffy one night stand.  

Trusted Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

ha!  @yellowBeetle She has never criticized Bill, always says it was 'both" of them equally at blame. Steffy is in such a desparate situation, she could have easily said Bill pushed her a bit....Cat LOL  (it could have saved her marriage and Bill would have taken the blame too....he already tried to, didn't he?)  Plus Bill needs a love interest.

With Hope, I have a feeling it could be once again  a Hope-Wyatt-Liam situation leaving Katie out in the cold. But then again that leaves the door open for Katie/Eric (assuming a Quinn-Ridge duo). I really enjoy her being so very happy and light hearted lately with Wyatt. 

With all that said, where would that leave Sally?  I don't think she will be written out.  This is so confusing with the possibilities.  Hope they speed up storyline  next week too.

Oh, poor Will will most likely come back as a grown teenager soon.Woman Very Happy

@SouthFlorida321

There are so many pairing possibilities! And some triangles, too! Seems the writers must have big things in mind for Sally since they kept her on after Thomas left...unless they were just using her kisses with Liam for the Liam/Steffy/Bill storyline. Hiring a new Hope certainly means a storyline for her is in the works. Thorne, too. And they are bringing Donna back, too. Plus the musical chairs for Brooke, Ridge, Quinn, Eric, Katie, Wyatt, etc. And what about Ivy? Will be lots of fun seeing who winds up with whom! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@SouthFlorida321

There are so many pairing possibilities! And some triangles, too! Seems the writers must have big things in mind for Sally since they kept her on after Thomas left...unless they were just using her kisses with Liam for the Liam/Steffy/Bill storyline. Hiring a new Hope certainly means a storyline for her is in the works. Thorne, too. And they are bringing Donna back, too. Plus the musical chairs for Brooke, Ridge, Quinn, Eric, Katie, Wyatt, etc. And what about Ivy? Will be lots of fun seeing who winds up with whom! Woman Wink

@LOLOL! I'm dizzy with all the possibilities.Woman LOL

Donna is coming back too?  Well maybe she will once again go for Eric her "honey bear"?  The only other man I could think of is Thorne.  I don't think she's Bill's type.

I was never a big fan of hers.  Yes, nice, sweet, but a bit boring and a bit like Hope?

The scenes with her and" Pammy" were funny though!Cat LOL  Yum, time for some lemon bars.....

Honored Contributor

Trust me if she's Brooke's sister, she's Bill's type.  The fact that she was once married to Justin might be a mini problem.

This is a strange conversation that Sally is having with Hope. Within one minute, she's given Hope the whole history of her and Liam unfrequented.

Does Bill do anything besides sit in that chair?  What is Justin drinking?  Oh, I forgot.  Since Bill is a borderline alcoholic, drinking on the job is probably ok for all of the managerial staff.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)