Trusted Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- January 2018 (includes spoilers)

I liked the new Hope. Thought she did very well.

I would imagine it would be hard enough for any actress on her first day in a new role...but even more so trying to step into a role knowing that you will be immediately compared to your predecessor.

It will be interesting to see her with Liam and Wyatt.

(And there hasn't been much humor lately, but thought Bill's sputtering, disbelieving reaction was funny when he found out from Steffy that Katie knew about them being together....Woman Wink)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Touching episode with Wyatt and Liam today.

I started laughing when Wyatt was scolding Liam about not wearing the sword necklace.

Then when Wyatt went to hug Liam. Sweet.

Hope Steffy slams the door soon in Katie's face.

Well, for now I guess she is all Steffy has.

Can wait for Daddy Ridge to explode when he finds out.

He should take Bill on a helicopter ride and cool him off.

Trusted Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Touching episode with Wyatt and Liam today.

I started laughing when Wyatt was scolding Liam about wearing the sword necklace.

Then when Wyatt went to hug Liam. Sweet.

Hope Steffy slams the door soon in Katie's face.

Well, for now I guess she is all Steffy has.

Can wait for Daddy Ridge to explode when he finds out.

He should Bill on a helicopter ride and cool him off.

@threecees

It was touching today between Wyatt and Liam. This storyline is bringing out the best acting in everyone involved. Thought Wyatt's reaction when Liam confessed about Bill was perfect...very realistic. And Liam, as always, was so moving....

Ridge finding out will be really explosive!

(And I continue to like Hope. Only change I would make is her hair ... just my own personal preference, lol ... I think her hair would be more flattering if it were brushed back away from her face a bit. Petty, I know...Woman Wink)   

Esteemed Contributor

@yellowBeetle

It will take some time to get used to Hope.

The previous actress was pretty much perfect for the role.

She was so wholesome and beautiful.

When Hope yesterday talked about her past with Liam I thought to myself boy, I bet they would love to show Liam and Hope's past in flashbacks.

Guess they will just have to make some new memories.

Trusted Contributor

@threecees

I liked the old Hope lots, too..... was so sorry when she decided to leave several years ago.

Always preferred when she was with Liam as I have never liked Steffy!

It will take some getting used to...but have liked these first two appearances for the new Hope. 

(Btw, the old Hope, Kim Matula, is starring in a new comedy on FOX called LA to Vegas, which has its second show tonight at 9pm, EST. I posted about it here last week before seeing it. I really liked her in it....but the show was just OK, imo!! Hopefully it will get better. Woman Wink)

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter, she reminds you of the old Hope? I don't see that.  I see that they made her hair blondish.  The photo I previously saw had her with dark hair.  Maybe you mean her mannerisms because old Hope was shorter and not skinny.  I can't say if I like her yet.  Recasts have to grow on me.  Definitely don't like recast of Thorne.

Bill is like a dog with a bone when it comes to Steffy.  Can't leave her alone.  Go find your little boy Will that you seem to have forgotten, Bill.

Wyatt seems very sympathetic but I will be surprised if he tells Bill off.  He's going to use this as an opportunity.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are we 100% sure the baby is Liam's?  That's been confirmed right?  I recall something being said that because they are father and son, the DNA is very close.  

Honored Contributor

@smileshannon, you never can be too sure about things that are said to be true on a soap, lol.  It can change with the stroke of the keyboard.  Heck, Steffy was not supposed to be able to concieve and again bingo, a miracle surgery happens and she gets pregnant as soon as she gets married.  Some are saying that Bill or Justin changed the dna records so that Liam will be the father.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Soaps.com is reporting Donna, actress Jennifer Gareis, will be returning soon.

Looks like it may be for a while, not just a one or two day appearance. Yes!

Donna is the only sister that Bill has not gone after. Yet???

I said it before but I would really enjoy Bill & Justin both going after her.

Respected Contributor

Well, I must give a round of applause to Wyatt for the past two days for his acting! Very well done with Liam and standing up to Bill. The acting from almost everyone has been extra good lately. Maybe they all like acting out these storylines.

Katie sure has been there for Steffy. I can't wait until Katie confronts Bill. And how long before Ridge finds out what Bill and Steffy did?Woman Wink

And now good old Sally is back in the mix latching onto Liam. Once she finds out he's available we'll have another stalker in the mix. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum