Honored Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- January 2017 (includes spoilers)

@colliegirls @Mmsfoxxie I agree with you about the facial hair!  It can look good on a young guy where there's no gray in it.

But most of these guys now have let the mess grow too long and it's unruly.  

My late husband could grow a beautiful beard but he had trouble getting the hairs to go in the right direction.  It always seemed like he was picking his nose because it tickled his nose...Ha!

When they do close ups on some of these guys I keep thinking about how it must bother some of these ladies who have to swap spit for more than a smooch.  Thing is as it gets longer it usually (key word...usually) gets softer on the ladies' lips and face but it looks terrible on the men.

I am the first to admit I don't care for beards.  I don't think the look of when it's grown out for a day or two looks bad but it's been carried WAY too far (like most things).  Eric is supposed to be a mega rich businessman as is Ridge and they look like they are close to being homeless.  Not attractive at all.  It definitely ages Eric.

Respected Contributor

February Sweeps preview from Soap Opera Digest: Ridge and Quinn continue to bond and work to keep their secret. Brooke senses a change in Ridge's dynamic with Quinn and listens in on a private conversation that may change everything. Katie makes a confession to Brooke about Eric. Bill waits in the wings for Brooke. Rick and Thomas are both furious over the co-CEO position being offered to Ridge. Thomas gets an opportunity for revenge. Ivy suggests that Steffy and Liam get married in Australia. Nicole elects to give Zende another chance on Maya's advice. A surprise proposal leads to a Valentine's Day wedding for Zende and Nicole.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
February Sweeps preview from Soap Opera Digest: Ridge and Quinn continue to bond and work to keep their secret. Brooke senses a change in Ridge's dynamic with Quinn and listens in on a private conversation that may change everything. Katie makes a confession to Brooke about Eric. Bill waits in the wings for Brooke. Rick and Thomas are both furious over the co-CEO position being offered to Ridge. Thomas gets an opportunity for revenge. Ivy suggests that Steffy and Liam get married in Australia. Nicole elects to give Zende another chance on Maya's advice. A surprise proposal leads to a Valentine's Day wedding for Zende and Nicole.

What?  Nicole and Zende get Married?  Big mistake Nicole, if that's true.  A teaser I read said that Nicole and Wyatt get closer.  I'd marry Wyatt before I married Zende.  He's the most immature guy on the show.  Where's Sasha, I wonder.

Welcome to the boards @Naturesbeauty.  I don't think I've seen you here before.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

The best thing about the show is $$Bill!  That guy puts a lot into his character and when he comes in the place lights up.  He puts a fun edge into bad boy doesn't he?  I love it when he complains about "the dressmaker!"  

Honored Contributor

Is Quinn the new Brooke?  Is she the one every man will want?  And then have?  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner, I like term 'the dressmaker' too.  I use to laugh every time he said it.  I'm used to it now, I guess, because I barely notice him saying it.  Just like (if you watch it) the character in Y&R, Victor Newman always calling the character Billy Abbott 'Billy Boy'.  At first, it was funny but then he started over using it.  But then, back then Victor Newman was on almost everyday, making it really tiresome, whereas, Bill Spencer is not on as often, making the term 'the dressmaker' easier to tolerate.

I don't know if Quinn is the new Brooke but she's obviously is a fan favorite (not by me) and the powers that be keep finding ways to keep the camera on her.  Personally, I like Brooke better because I always favor the Vets on my soaps, not the Johnny come latelys.  That's why, although I don't like how Eric is being played, I'm glad that he's being used.

I hope Gloria is getting ready to say bye-bye.  I was sick of her as soon as I read she was returning.  On the other hand, I'm glad that Michael and Lauren are front and center again.  And with Lauren's son coming back, they will stay visible a while.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

NOTE TO SELF:

1.  Do NOT buy a used sofa. . . 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

NOTE TO SELF:

1.  Do NOT buy a used sofa. . . 

or a ride on the Forrester helicopter.

Honored Contributor

OK, if this show gets much more boring I'm going to stop watching it.  I'm so over Quinn and Steffi and Liam......

Has anyone else noticed it seems like Steffi's teeth are growing and growing.  They are way too big for her mouth...

Yes!  Katie has become the pain in the neck.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@colliegirls @Mmsfoxxie I agree with you about the facial hair!  It can look good on a young guy where there's no gray in it.

But most of these guys now have let the mess grow too long and it's unruly.  

My late husband could grow a beautiful beard but he had trouble getting the hairs to go in the right direction.  It always seemed like he was picking his nose because it tickled his nose...Ha!

When they do close ups on some of these guys I keep thinking about how it must bother some of these ladies who have to swap spit for more than a smooch.  Thing is as it gets longer it usually (key word...usually) gets softer on the ladies' lips and face but it looks terrible on the men.

I am the first to admit I don't care for beards.  I don't think the look of when it's grown out for a day or two looks bad but it's been carried WAY too far (like most things).  Eric is supposed to be a mega rich businessman as is Ridge and they look like they are close to being homeless.  Not attractive at all.  It definitely ages Eric.

I think Eric's beard is to try to hide his ever growing double chin. It was definitely aging him.