Trusted Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- December 2017 (includes spoilers)

[ Edited ]

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@mollymaggie wrote:

Ridge wad huge on other soaps  I loved him and still do

Hi @mollymaggie yes I liked him too when he was on other soaps, especially when he was younger.  Maybe it's his raspy voice. I'm not quite sure but think he was on "One Life to Live"?  In real life he is married to another soap star from "One Life to Live".  Her name on show was Marty Saybrooke, an attractive tall thin girl with long blondish curly hair.Woman Happy

I wonder how we all got interested in "soaps".  For me it was my mother.  I watched them with her faithfully when I was not in school.  That's how I got hooked.Woman Happy

@SouthFlorida321@ and @mollymaggie

I really like "Ridge"! He was on One Life to Live....but I watched him later on All My Children for many years. He just has that "it" factor! Woman Wink

And I started watching All My Children in the 1980s when several people in my Federal Government office kept talking about it! I remember being home sick one Friday and turning it on to see Susan Lucci playing Erica Kane to the hilt....and I was hooked! Back then my DH and I had a VCR so I taped it. Kept watching after I stopped work a few years later and became a stay-at-home mom. Only started watching B&B in 2012 after AMC had gone off the air.

Valued Contributor

If I remember correctly, Stephanie was told she would not be able to get pregnant after her motorcycle accident!  Of course miracles are always possible on a soap!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coconut1818, while Steffy was away in Italy (or wherever) she miraculously found a doctor to give her the ability to conceive.  When Hope and Liam were back together, she came back to Genoa City with this info, hoping to get Liam back but it didn't work.

Things aren't going well with me and B&B.  The latest unbelievable is Sheila having the ability to give a snow job to Pam.  Now I hear of the possibility of her kidnapping Eric.  Then there was Sally talking to Liam with her bright red/orange hair in her bright yellow dress.  Or was that the day she had on her shorts.  Yeah, I know L.A. is not cold but....really?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@mollymaggie wrote:

Ridge wad huge on other soaps  I loved him and still do

Hi @mollymaggie yes I liked him too when he was on other soaps, especially when he was younger.  Maybe it's his raspy voice. I'm not quite sure but think he was on "One Life to Live"?  In real life he is married to another soap star from "One Life to Live".  Her name on show was Marty Saybrooke, an attractive tall thin girl with long blondish curly hair.Woman Happy

I wonder how we all got interested in "soaps".  For me it was my mother.  I watched them with her faithfully when I was not in school.  That's how I got hooked.Woman Happy

@SouthFlorida321@ and @mollymaggie

I really like "Ridge"! He was on One Life to Live....but I watched him later on All My Children for many years. He just has that "it" factor! Woman Wink

And I started watching All My Children in the 1980s when several people in my Federal Government office kept talking about it! I remember being home sick one Friday and turning it on to see Susan Lucci playing Erica Kane to the hilt....and I was hooked! Back then my DH and I had a VCR so I taped it. Kept watching after I stopped work a few years later and became a stay-at-home mom. Only started watching B&B in 2012 after AMC had gone off the air.

@yellowBeetle well said about Ridge and the "it" factor.  I had a real crush on him years ago and still do today..LOL.Smiley Wink

I watched All My Children for years as well, had a few year stint with Days of our Lives, and One Life to live.  We VCR'd them too, watched near bedtime - I still do today.  I have to say Bold is still my number one favorite, the pace is fast followed by General Hospital.

Its easy to get hooked right @yellowBeetle?Woman Very HappyCat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@SouthFlorida321

Yes, it really is easy to get hooked on these soaps! Woman Wink All My Children was must-see TV!

I am kicking myself for missing out on all of those earlier years of B & B! It came on at the same time as All My Children...but with a VCR and later DVR capability, I could have easily recorded both! Oh well.....

One soap I tried for a year and gave up on was the Young and Restless. Started watching it in 2012 when I also started watching B & B. Had several actors from AMC that I liked....but found the storylines boring. So stopped watching in 2013. 

I do really enjoy B & B! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Yep, Steffy 'has a Spencer bun in the oven".

Honored Contributor

OMG!  How many more days am I going to have to watch Steffy doing her fake boo hooing!  I'm soooooo tired of it.....

I wish I could slap her upside the head to knock something loose and say, "Spit it out!  Spit it out!"

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  WOW, NO DOUBT about Steffy. She's a horrible actor to boot. And then she decided to not tell Liam - who will no doubt find this out sooner rather than later. Cannot wait for that to happen.

Dollar Bill - talk about a sexual predator in every sense of the word. He truly CREEPS me out. And now all he dwells on is he and that Steffy woman.  CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we please just move along?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

First let me preface this by saying I never saw Bill and Steffy together years ago, as I only started watching B&B in late 2012. 

To me, though, this sudden obsession that Bill has for Steffy just does not ring true. He genuinely seemed to love Brooke. Their ongoing love story with all of its ups and downs had been there for years...actually since I began watching five years ago! Those scenes they showed over and over and over again of them in the balloon, on the yacht, etc....as well as their failed attempt to get married, followed by their eventual wedding earlier this year...all of those constant, enduring feelings of love from Bill toward Brooke... we are now supposed to believe are over? Just like that? Poof? Gone? Bye-bye Brooke...

And why are Bill's feelings for Brooke now suddenly gone??? We are expected to honestly buy into the notion that Bill had been harboring these deep, deep feelings for Steffy....Steffy??....that would supplant his love for Brooke??? 

Sorry, but it just doesn't cut it, imo. 

Esteemed Contributor

@yellowBeetle

I agree. It is just ridiculous the way they have Bill thinking about his love for Steffy now.

I have been watching since the summer of 2007 and lately when it is on I am doing other things in the house with it on because it has not been good for a long time now.

The picture of the balloon ride is still hanging in Bill's office recently. I think they showed those flashbacks at least 100 times throughout their relationship. 

They are pushing Brooke towards Thorne now. Dumb. Not enjoying him so far.

Can't wait until New Hope comes on in a month. If they are putting her to conflict with Katie and Wyatt's relationship, Katie will be fuming then.

The  characters on the show that I just can not stand are Sally and her stooges. Any day that they are not shown is a good episode for me.

It seems like they don't know what to do with Sheila anymore.

If this show ran an hour I would not watch. The triangles are a joke. Everybody gets around with some sort of their family member at one time or another. Not enough characters.