Respected Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- August 2018 (includes spoilers)

I'm starting to wonder if the Steffy/Liam/Hope scene was for real or a dream? lol How can Steffy just do a 180 so quickly? She was so outraged and ready to marry Bill and now she's all let's love one another. Just not believable.

Hope already has her ring from when she married Liam before. Why would she want to wear the ring he gave Steffy? Odd.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.  I have not seen today's episode yet but I feel SUNK this week.  Here we go again now that Steffy is once more free and on the loose.  They now own the company.  She will make Hope's life a living nightmare and never let her be happy with Liam -  Not that she would ever keep him anyway.  I did see sparks of strength in her but this week is fell back into her old weak self.

Steffy boldy announces she will bring back the "lingerie" line as "LEAD MODEL"  What does that tell you.  Guess she will be prancing around in her skimpy outfits around Liam. Good old ping-pong will be in her arms in no time.  Does this remind you of Brooke and Ridge years back?  Great job Steffy!  

The only thing left in my opinion is that Bill is the father of little Kelly that coud throw a wrench into this whole thing.  If Bill knew which some of us are thinking, wouldn't it have been his last ditch effort?  He seemed so calm about the whole thing.  I'm confused!Woman Happy

@yellowBeetle  what do you think? I started a thread on favorite characters of the show.Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthFlorida321 and everyone!

Just watched Friday's show and I am buying into Steffy's sudden change. (Editing to add that I have never been a Steffy fan ... and I still do not like her! So having to write complimentary things about her is not easy!!Woman Happy)

On Wednesday when Bill was pushing her to marry him right then, he told her she was at a crossroads. One road led her to Liam who Bill said loved another woman. The other road led her to Bill with his promise of undying love. At that instant you could see Steffy having a true light bulb moment ... a true epiphany of sorts. She looked him in the eye and said there was another road ... herself.

At least for now I get the sense that Steffy truly believes in what she is saying and doing. She is fed up with Liam's indecisiveness ... even though she said she still loves him. She truthfully said she always thought she was the better match for Liam with the whole "opposites attract" idea. But she admitted that she had interfered with and come between Liam's and Hope's relationship in the past. And she seems to now genuinely believe that Liam and Hope belong together.  And she also feels used by Bill and realizes she doesn't love him. So I think in this current " epiphany mindset" she is being sincere ... even in the over-the-top gesture of slipping her ring onto Hope's hand.

But will it last?? Steffy said she still loves Liam. And we know that ping-pong, waffling, never 100% committed to one woman Liam still loves Steffy. Yes, Liam and Hope will most likely get married ... but how long will it be before Liam starts yearning for Steffy? And since Steffy said she still loves Liam, how long will Steffy's "epiphany mindset" really last?

Sadly (because I thought they would be a fun power couple to watch) I get the feeling that Steffy and Bill are done. I know it goes against Bill's personality to give up when he really wants something, but my hunch is that this storyline may be kaput.

Well, this was certainly another dramatic week!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle@SouthFlorida321, Steffy will eventually revert back to her old ways. Just wait.....

Trusted Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@yellowBeetle@SouthFlorida321, Steffy will eventually revert back to her old ways. Just wait.....

@loveschocolate

I certainly hope so, lol!!!Woman Wink

I have never, ever liked Steffy's character so it has been almost painful to have to write complimentary things about her this week!!Woman Happy

But I agree that this current epiphany of hers  will most likely not last....Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@loveschocolate

I have never, ever liked Steffy's character so it has been almost painful to have to write complimentary things about her this week!!Woman Happy

But I agree that this current epiphany of hers  will most likely not last....Cat Wink

@loveschocolate I agree 1,000%!!  Why did she choose to resurge the lingerie line and make herself "lead model"?/  To prance around Liam of course.  If I was Hope I would let flip flop free and not marry him either.  he doesn't know what he's doing.

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@loveschocolate

@loveschocolate I agree 1,000%!!  Why did she choose to resurge the lingerie line and make herself "lead model"?/  To prance around Liam of course.  If I was Hope I would let flip flop free and not marry him either.  he doesn't know what he's doing.

I look for this to happen.

Respected Contributor

@yellowBeetle and B&B friends, HI!.

Thank you for such a well written post.  I agree with you, but I don't believe this will last with the new and improved Steffy.  You can't change the stripes of a leopard.  Didn't you see them looking at each other?  

And she putting the ring on Hope was just awful.  If I was Hope I wuld have said NO!  Liam should be the one to ask for her hand in marriage..  This is reverse psychology if you ask me.  Men love the chase and they don't like to lose.  She has made herself "hands off" to Liam and he will lust for her.  You want what you can't have.  Job well done SteffyWoman Wink

If Hope has any smarts or chance with Liam she should also set him free.  Let him go to an Ashram, to the Himalayas with the buddhist monks or something and find himself.

Please Hope, set Liam free and get your self esteem back!  He's off the wall right now.Cat LOL

PS.  Would any of you ladies want to marry a guy like Liam?  I certainly wouldn't.

Trusted Contributor

To @SouthFlorida321 and everybody....

I  agree that eventually Steffy will most likely revert back to her old conniving, self-centered, scheming self.

But to me ... (and again I really do not like Steffy so it is not easy saying something nice about her!) ... I think right now the writers are having her be uncharacteristically sincere and honest. I think she had an awakening moment there in Bill's living room where everything came together in her mind....for now! 

However, I also think that Liam is Liam and he will not stick with Hope. And Steffy being Steffy will in all likelihood go back to him.....

And no way could I ever have married a man like Liam! What self-respecting woman could? Yes he has some pleasant characteristics, but his deal-breaker flaw for both Steffy and Hope always should have been his perpetual indecisiveness.

Honored Contributor

I always think about the song, "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife".

I used to think I would marry an old fat man.  Well, I didn't I married a young beautiful looking man with an amazing body and he stuck with me for 38 years til he died.

I think Liam is neither attractive nor a catch.  I don't like the way these writers make women fight over him....it's too unbelievable...

I also don't like Steffy as kind-hearted and sensible.  She makes a good foe and should stay that way with Hope.