Trusted Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful - August 2017 (includes spoilers)

Since Bill is supposed to be so crafty and cunning, I'm surprised Bill didn't just buy off city officials ages ago.

He could have had the Spectra building condemned or property re-zoned or under some type of urban re-development or city plan,  then bought the property on the cheap - got a big tax break (or breaks city, state & fed!) - et voila - his precious building is in construction in no time at all. 

Honored Contributor

@trenet wrote:

Since Bill is supposed to be so crafty and cunning, I'm surprised Bill didn't just buy off city officials ages ago.

He could have had the Spectra building condemned or property re-zoned or under some type of urban re-development or city plan,  then bought the property on the cheap - got a big tax break (or breaks city, state & fed!) - et voila - his precious building is in construction in no time at all. 

You're far too smart for this soap Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

I just read on one of my soap sites that because of the Solar Eclipse programming this coming Monday, B&B will be shown earlier...in Y&R's time slot.  Y&R will be preempted.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I just read on one of my soap sites that because of the Solar Eclipse programming this coming Monday, B&B will be shown earlier...in Y&R's time slot.  Y&R will be preempted.

Correct! Due to the eclipse coverage, the B&B will be on at 12:30 PM EST instead of 1:30 PM on Monday Aug 21. It'll also be on POP at 7:30 EST for those who get that channel.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Instead of Bill giving CJ an additional $5M to sign the land deal, why doesn't Bill offer the $5M to Sally Jr.? That would give her more than enough money to rent or lease another building site and enough money to build up her inventory, especially if Thomas is going to be out of the picture for some time. There's no way she'd make that kind of money in the next few years as a start up company. Win win for everyone.

Does Sally Jr. have to stay in the same building that her Aunt Sally had? It looks like a run down building in a run down neighborhood. The $5M would allow her to start somewhere new, maybe a smaller building and she could still carry on the Spectra name.

Respected Contributor

Spoilers for the week of August 21: (from soapsheknows.com)

~ Brooke questions the wisdom of Eric helping Sheila.

~ Katie and Wyatt take things to the next level.

~ Brooke is suspicious about James' diagnosis.

~ Katie and Wyatt work to keep their relationship off Bill's radar.

~ An electrical fire occurs during the preview of Sally's line.

~ Bill is angry about Liam and Jarrett's opposition.

~ Steffy faces questions about Thomas' stay in New York.

~ Bill placates Liam while ordering Justin to figure out a new plan.

~ Sally speaks to Thomas before her fashion show.

~ Bill hatches his plot to get his skyscraper built.

~ James is blackmailed by Sheila, but still strives to convince her not to go through with her plan.

~ Wyatt and Katie's sexy time is interrupted by an unexpected visit from Bill.

Coming up...

~ Quinn and Sheila go at it again.

~ Bill does the unthinkable to get what he wants.

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to believe that James would tell anyone that he had a drug problem.  How convenient that Sheila knows about it.  No wonder Dr. Warrick is the doctor that Eric called.  Plot driven.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me thinks that Bill might have something to do with an electrical fire at Spectra.

Honored Contributor

I fast forward through so much of this show anymore I wouldn't know what was going on except for reading it here.

I'm just so bored with this show it makes me sad.  I'm sick of seeing that stupid look on Shelia's face when the camera zooms in....que the music ta ta ta da......ugh!

Honored Contributor

It was pretty funny when Bill came in and almost found Katie and Wyatt!  That was $$ at his best!  Loved it when Katie threw something at him.  But now he KNOWS!