Respected Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- April 2018 (includes spoilers)

@Annabellethecat66------because Liam is mentally challenged and slow. All the maternal instincts take over and they want to baby him and protect him.

He is supposed to represent today's male who is sensitive and thoughtful and checked his manhood at the crying room door. 

Honored Contributor

I know (about this new sensitive bla bla male)....don't know any....but ...whatever.  I think they're all in Hollywood.

Ugh!  Anyway, Liam is dumber than a door knob!  But his brother is at least as dumb...(I'm thinking the one thing they have in common is Daddy Dear).

I fast forward over so much of the soaps these days, it's difficult to figure some of it out.

I can't stand Bill these days so I fast forward over his scenes (especially anything pertaining to Steffy).  She's another one...

Anyway, I haven't watched the show for about 3 days (until today) and I didn't miss it.  That can't be good.

OMG!  I almost forgot!  When I saw Robin Givens on B&B (Steffy's baby Dr), I thought I'd choke!  Good grief!  Aren't there some other actors who could have played this Dr?  Just seems so out of place and stupid to have her play the Dr.  That entire scene was stupid.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I know (about this new sensitive bla bla male)....don't know any....but ...whatever.  I think they're all in Hollywood.

Ugh!  Anyway, Liam is dumber than a door knob!  But his brother is at least as dumb...(I'm thinking the one thing they have in common is Daddy Dear).

I fast forward over so much of the soaps these days, it's difficult to figure some of it out.

I can't stand Bill these days so I fast forward over his scenes (especially anything pertaining to Steffy).  She's another one...

Anyway, I haven't watched the show for about 3 days (until today) and I didn't miss it.  That can't be good.

OMG!  I almost forgot!  When I saw Robin Givens on B&B (Steffy's baby Dr), I thought I'd choke!  Good grief!  Aren't there some other actors who could have played this Dr?  Just seems so out of place and stupid to have her play the Dr.  That entire scene was stupid.

@Annabellethecat66---apparently this new "sensitive" male (female) is nationwide. The University of Utah has installed a "crying closet" where students can hang out with a bunch of stuffed animals for 10 minutes of privacy and crying to get destressed......a whole new generation that will be unable to cope with the normal challenges of daily life is created.

Honored Contributor

@Danky How pathetic is that?  Good grief!  These people have no idea how difficult 'real life' is, do they?

Just the thought of these people being out in the real world....well...what do you think Danky, do you think they'll toughen up or just crash?

Hopefully, there are only a handfull who'll feel the need to visit the closet...what say you?  Any ideas?  I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes and go la la la and pretend I didn't see your post!  No offense!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Wow!  This Hope is a sneaky little bugger....isn't she?  She started off seeming (key word) like an angel....everyone was thinking, "OK, Hope's back...little sweetness".  Well, it appears she's changed....She's going after what she wants.

Would someone please, please with all that's holy....please explain to me what it is about Liam that these women find so irresistible?

I've searched my little brain....I've texted it, "What makes Liam so wonderful to women".  I haven't gotten an answer...perhaps you guys can explain it to me?

None of these males on either show is attractive...

I'm wondering when these producers put out job searches for  actors....do they say, "Hunks need not apply"?  Just wondering.

@Annabellethecat66Liam/Wyatt.  Dumb/Fishlips.  Nice/Schemer.  Liam has no backbone.  Wyatt has no sense.  It's a difficult choice I'd admit, but apparently when there are only two men in all of LA, that's the dilemma.  Personally, given that, I'd take Liam.

I thought the last Hope (ha ha!) was an entitled little princess who thought she was too perfect for the world.  I couldn't stand her either, so that's why I'm reading here and not watching now!

Steffy--at LEAST I thought she perked Liam up a little and he had a some fun and a spark about him with her.  When he was with Hopeless I thought I'd go into sugar shock if I watched.  I wasn't a fan during Steffy's former days I guess. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner@Annabellethecat66

I think I would choose women or celibacy over Liam the Dolt, Fishlips Wyatt or *gag* Arrogant, Hypocritical Ridge.  

I don’t mind Bill being a lowdown snake but, he isn’t enjoying it like he usually does, which doesn’t make it enjoyable for me either. And his lovesick puppy destiny act over Steffy is nauseating and isn’t worthy of the character. 

Respected Contributor

Spoilers for the week of April 30: (from soapsheknows.com)

~ Bill uses Wyatt to further his plan to win Steffy.

~ Bill agitates Steffy by telling her they should have a future together.

~ Wyatt finds himself in a difficult spot after Liam confides in him about Steffy.

~ Justin's conscience kicks in when he realizes Bill is unconcerned about the consequences of his actions.

~ Steffy gets what she's been hoping for, and then it immediately falls apart.

~ Bill boasts to Justin about the success of his plan involving Wyatt.

~ Brooke supports Ridge while being concerned about Hope.

~ Liam reaches a decision.

~ Bill reassures Wyatt.

~ Steffy breaks down on Ridge.

~ Wyatt unwittingly feeds Bill information about Liam and Steffy.

~ Just as Liam and Steffy are set to reunite, Bill's behind-the-scenes machinations come into play.

Coming up...

~ Katie learns what Wyatt saw happen between Steffy and Bill.

~ A marriage proposal is made.

May Spoilers:

~ Bill brings Justin into his plan to win Steffy at all costs.

~ Justin helps Bill to manipulate Wyatt and Steffy.

~ Ridge's ongoing anger toward Bill causes tension between the Spencers, Logans, and Forresters.

~ Hope and Liam become engaged.

~ Brooke gives Hope her blessing for a reunion with Liam, thereby putting stress on her marriage to Ridge.

~ Taylor returns to confront Brooke.

~ Steffy accuses Hope of taking advantage of her situation.

~ Wyatt thinks he's fooling Bill by pretending to have left Katie, but Bill is playing a dangerous game of his own.

~ Bill assures Justin everyone's misery will be worth it in the end.

~ An unforgettable wedding takes place.

Casting News:

Dancer, singer and actress, Nia Sioux who plays intern Emma will be seen on a regular basis since her status has been upped to "series regular".

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Wait, wait, wait a minute!  Justin. Has. A. Conscious??  This I have to see.  Lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

All soap watchers know (as we've talked and joked about) that we must suspend reality and anything making sense when one watches a soap.

However, we also (at least I think we do) agree that one of the most important things about soaps (maybe because it comes on every day) is that there must be some kind of continuity.  

For instance, if a soap character is downright crazy (like our Patty) keep her crazy for most of her time on the soap.  Sharon comes to mind.  She has times of normalcy (or some kind of intelligence) but she usally goes back to being the one who cracks first and a viewer thinks, "Our Sharon is one episode away from Fairview.  It could happen at any moment".

But come on!  This stuff with Bill....OK, so one minute he's worshiping, literally worshiping Brooke.  Then she sees him for the slime-ball he is and she divorces him.  Then poof....he's scary in love with Steffy...just like that!  Yet we are supposed to believe he's an amazing business person.  We're also supposed to believe he's incredible at 'handling' others.  Yet, here he is googling over a young girl...once again....

These writers  (speaking for myself) are just driving me crazy asking something (believing) from me that I'm having trouble giving....

Maybe this sounds crazy but I've always felt that one way you can tell if a show is doing well by the number of commercials in a show.  What I mean is the show will need more commercials because they have to come up with the money to support the show.  The commercials aren't paying the show the kind of money they need to keep it going so they have to keep adding more commercials.  Sounds dumb, I guess but that's what I think.  Hence, it seems to me B&B and Y&R has more commercials than ever.

Honored Contributor

I can't stand any part of dialogue between those two interns.  I think it's stupid and it totally bores me.  I fast forward the minute I see their faces.

That entire scenario is dumb.  There is no way people as full of themselves or as 'important' as the Fosters deciding to sit and listen over and over to a bunch of young kids.  Those kids would never be able to get anywhere close to these people.  It's just stupid.