Honored Contributor

Re: The Blue Bloods Family Dinner (video discussion)

I love this show and have since day one.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

On 1/3/2015 AuntG said:

Someone had mentioned that Tom Selleck is always buttering a bun during the dinner scene and I noticed that was true on the last episode I watched. I really do look forward to the meals. Being a family centered show, I wonder why they don't do an annual Christmas show.

I asked my son about that when he was home for Christmas and this is the explanation: The show doesn't air first run episodes in December due to Holiday Specials and football, etc. so they don't film a Christmas Show.

The do film all through late November & December, though, but those shows are aired in January and beyond. (They ended December 21st this year) If you look closely at some of those shows (airing now) you will see Christmas decorations in scenes in the background on the city streets or on the houses in Danny's neighborhood. Gotta look quickly as they really don't want to highlight them but do film on location so can't help catching them in a shot now and then.

Thanks for posting the video. I wish they would do a background video on the "other Reagans" (the stand-ins) who also do the "Family Dinner" every episode and actually spend more time doing it than the actual stars.

Honored Contributor

Linders, one of the reasons I mentioned a Christmas show is because I saw some lights twinkling in the background of last Friday's show and I wondered if it might have a Christmas theme, but it didn't. Even if it didn't air until the January, I still would have loved to see the family celebrate Christmas.

Super Contributor

On 1/6/2015 AuntG said:

Linders, one of the reasons I mentioned a Christmas show is because I saw some lights twinkling in the background of last Friday's show and I wondered if it might have a Christmas theme, but it didn't. Even if it didn't air until the January, I still would have loved to see the family celebrate Christmas.

I've mentioned that a couple of times to my son that posters here want to see a Christmas dinner. Not that he has any power to get things done there, but maybe he'll put a bug in a few ears and someone will listen.

Respected Contributor

Next week 1/16/2015 will include a Reagan family dinner...

Home Sweet Home