Respected Contributor

Why was the list created??

Honored Contributor

I'm really getting tired of Lizzie's animosity toward Red. It's the same thing every week.

She acts like she's a bad @#$ but she'd have been killed several times had this guy not been there to save her.

They need to change her attitude. It doesn't mesh with the story line and it is stupid.

Super Contributor

I'm trying hard to reignite my interest in The Blacklist. I watched "Dr. Linus Creel" (S2/Ep04) in which Lizzie pretended to be a suicidal, emotionally disturbed patient. When she talked about hating her devious husband Tom, those angry responses didn't seem too far from the truth. For those of you who've been watching every ep of this new season, is Tom really dead or just missing and poised to make a surprise comeback?

I vaguely remember Tom's multiple passports, fake IDs and other documents hidden beneath the floorboards last season. This season, it's something new about a locked door to a closet or room where Liz has some hidden secrets of her own apparently. Please tell me what that's about or should I watch (S2/Eps2 & 3) in order to preserve the element of surprise?

Oh, yes - Paul Reubens (PeeWee Herman) looked super creepy. ITA with Tinkrbl44 - why was it necessary to include this odd little reptilian sidekick, except to make one's flesh crawl?

Finally - Liz's new 'do. Is this stylish bob her hair or just a higher quality wig?Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Hi keri! First of all, let me say thanks so much for posting where to find the recap, as I always have to read it the next day on The Blacklist.

I, too, am having a hard time with Season 2 so far - it is not holding my interest as much as Season 1 did, but I will stay with it, as I love James Spader!

To answer your question - regarding Tom being dead or alive, that is the golden question! No one knows if he's alive or dead - I suspect he's alive.

Regarding what's behind the door, again, that is what is to be answered next week. I suspect Tom might be the one behind the door, but then again, that might be too obvious. I guess we'll see!

The hair you see on Lizzie is her real hair. She's been on with Jimmy Fallon and Carson Daly also had her on his show and both times, her hair was what you see on The Blacklist. It was either the first or second episode where she revealed it - I didn't notice it right away and then all of a sudden, it hit me that her wig is gone! Guess I'm not too observant!

After I watch the episode, my one friend and I chat on the phone during the week and we compare notes to see what each one thinks. After I read the recap, I tell her what it says, as it really helps!

I hope this helps answer your questions. If I'm incorrect, someone else may chime in to answer.

Oh, and ITA with you about Paul Reubens - your comment made me LOL! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Robin {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I read an article about many of the shows written today. My complaint (as with many others) is that you have to invest a lot of time and effort into a TV show these days.

They don't just start and at the end of the hour...finish (seldom do). They just continue with a major story line (thread) and have small little blips within the hour.

It is very difficult to pop in and start watching a show these days. Often the viewers get frustrated because (like here) many become confused.

I read that these writers write these shows so they have an arc.....they build....build up to a major story line and then quickly come back (or rather level off).

I don't mind putting in time on these shows. However, some of them are so 'smart' they loose the core of enjoyment of being able to escape and not tax one's brain so much.

I don't mind watching this show because I enjoy seeing the small story lines. The bigger picture will eventually happen.

Honored Contributor
On 10/20/2014 keri said:

I'm trying hard to reignite my interest in The Blacklist. I watched "Dr. Linus Creel" (S2/Ep04) in which Lizzie pretended to be a suicidal, emotionally disturbed patient. When she talked about hating her devious husband Tom, those angry responses didn't seem too far from the truth. For those of you who've been watching every ep of this new season, is Tom really dead or just missing and poised to make a surprise comeback?

I vaguely remember Tom's multiple passports, fake IDs and other documents hidden beneath the floorboards last season. This season, it's something new about a locked door to a closet or room where Liz has some hidden secrets of her own apparently. Please tell me what that's about or should I watch (S2/Eps2 & 3) in order to preserve the element of surprise?

Oh, yes - Paul Reubens (PeeWee Herman) looked super creepy. ITA with Tinkrbl44 - why was it necessary to include this odd little reptilian sidekick, except to make one's flesh crawl?

Finally - Liz's new 'do. Is this stylish bob her hair or just a higher quality wig?Thanks.

I feel like I missed an episode somewhere ..... what is this female (Mossad?) agent doing on the team ...... and when did Reeser become addicted to pain pills? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Anyone? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

Thank goodness, I'm not alone. I skipped S2Ep2 and just like Tinkrbl44, I thought I'd missed so much more. Did NBC run the eps out of sequence? That's the only possible explanation for the sudden appearance of that female agent (thanks for clearing up her nationality/affiliation, Tinkrbl44, because I was clueless to pinpoint even a geographic region to her speech and appearance). If they wanted Mossad, I hear that Agent Ziva David is available. LOL!

And where did that storyline about Resser popping painkillers come from (other than thin air)? Previously, we barely saw him drink a cup of coffee, but now he's practically a junkie. That doesn't make sense. Are they setting up Resser to go undercover to smash some cartel on Red's Blacklist? Or are the viewers paying closer attention than the writers?

Yes, it was soooo obvious to anyone with two eyes who'd seen S1 what/who was lurking behind Liz's locked door and no, it wasn't a fabulous Price Is Right prize package worth $35,000. This could get really interesting as we move into November Sweeps. Liz is justifiably angry, but she's heading into The Wild and Weird Wilderness, from which few return intact. Talk about blurred lines between right and wrong, even Robin Thicke is calling that little Lizzie caper illegal. We know it could and will prove problematic ultimately for a federal agent who's pledged to uphold the law, when she seems to be only about breaking it. Where are those regular mandatory FBI psych evaluations when you need them?

Honored Contributor

Psych eval? You aren't just a kiddin'. She's a bit sanctimonious towards Resser sp? with his increasing drug addiction. Yet, when you see who is in the room, no spoilers here, you better march yourself into the shrink, Lizzie. I watch this show because of James Spader, and Lizzie's character pales in comparison to him. Megan Boone just doesn't have the range, although I do like her.

I once read where Aaron Sorkin, who wrote West Wing, was constantly behind in his scripts. I get the feeling that's what's going on here, Bokenkamp and company have a bit of dissociative personality disorder coming through in their writing. Pick a plot line and stick to it, don't just hang them in mid-air and move on. Not once do we see Lizzie wondering about her mother, at least I haven't. The ex-wife? I don't think that's the mother. She's another limited range actress. Paul Reubens did a creditable job as a smarmy sleaze.

One more thing, why did they kill off Meera and bring in another agent who looks so much like her? And I'm glad they let Lizzie cut her hair, it was nothing but a distraction. I'm not giving up on this show

Honored Contributor

I'm not giving up on this show either ...... and does anyone know the young woman Red is trying to get to know?

Is this the young woman who MIGHT be his daughter ??

Honored Contributor

I agree with all of you. I had an idea several episodes back that she had him behind those doors because she kept thinking and dreaming about him (i.e. kissing him, loving him). I figured she wouldn't be doing that unless she was physically seeing him in person.

I like this show. When I start getting confused I go to cbs.Blacklist for clarification. Evidently, we aren't the only people who are confused and questioning where this is going. The writers must think we're stupid and don't see the confusion and hesitation in these plots.

I wondered too if that was his daughter. Maybe she's Lizzie's sister. I don't think it does much good to go 'poking' around because (as several have stated) I think the writing is behind.

That happens a lot George what's his name from Game of Thrones is behind (always) and they are constantly waiting for him.

I don't know that it is the writer's fault. If you think about it celluloid moves faster than a writer's brain.

I guess it's a catch 22. A writer wants a hit but it's like feeding a wood chipper (the writer and his words being the tree and the audience as the wood chipper), incessantly wanting more.