Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Blacklist finale is going...animated!

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@wildcat fan  "I still think the guy we see each week is the real Raymond Reddington"

You must have blinked and/or fell asleep last season & part of this season.....

It was established/confirmed that Red is NOT "Raymond Reddington."

It was established/confirmed that Illya is NOT "Raymond Reddington."

I believe the bones in the suitcase belongs to the real RR.  The REAL question is.......

WHO is the PERSON impersonating "Raymond Reddington?"

And I believe Denbe knows.  A few seasons back & early on this season Denbe has asked the fake Red, when is he going to tell Elazibeth the truth?  We the audiance was never prevy to what the "truth" is since Liz already knows RR is NOT who he says he is.

I haven't been sleeping.  I just don't think it's been 100% effectively established that this guy is not the real Raymond Reddington.  

How do we know he's not RR?  Couldn't that DNA have been swapped?  With everything he has access to, this Red could have easily done that.

The Ilya story we know was a lie told by her grandfather.

This Red has the burn scars on his back that seems to be from the fire when Liz was young.  

Red's original wife (that he visited a while back) never questioned whether or not he was the real Red.

Lots of red herrings, but I don't think anything substantial or concrete.  

Why else would he turn his empire over to Liz?  Why else would he have gone to such great lengths to help/protect her?  

Esteemed Contributor

I still love this show...always holds my interest after all these years.....will be watching the finale...will be different for sure...

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan  Why else would he turn his empire over to Liz? Why else would he have gone to such great lengths to help/protect her? 

@wildcat fan   Because the "real" RR is Liz biological father.  The "fake" Red wants to do the right thing for killing the "real" RR.

This is my take/theory.....

Spoiler

Season 1 - episode 1- Fake Red voluntarly turned himself in to the FBI

Current episode - We learn the fake Red has a huge medical file outside of the plastic surgery file(s).

Current episode - Was not the first time fake Red has fainted.  He has not been feeling well in previous seasons.

Me thinks the reason why fake Red turned himself in originally is because he knew he is dying a slow death and/or knew he has a progressive disease that will eventually kill him.

And the way Denbe acted when he fainted, I do not think he knows.

Fake Red has molded Liz into a mini me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

In the earlier seasons (#1 I believe) RR was on a payphone to Liz and she asked him if he was her father.

RR hesitated, put his head down, and said "no".

But then the DNA test said he was her father.

He also has the burns and he killed the man who raised Liz because he was going to tell Liz the truth.

There was also a scene with Liz and RR where they were at a house and he told her she was his guiding star or something to that effect.  They were sitting on a sofa and it ended with her putting her head on his shoulder.

Before she died Mr. Kaplan said to RR that she always did what he said to protect Liz; but now she was protecting Liz from him.

So it leaves a lot to guess - I don't believe Liz as a child shot anyone.

Flashback: RR was on his way home when the house caught fire;  I still think he is her real father. 

Or he has a twin.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

We're looking forward to the finale tonight.  Can't wait to see how they do this in animated form. 

Honored Contributor

I hated this episode!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I hated this episode!

What did you hate about it @Jordan2?

I thought the animation parts were okay to fill in what they couldn't film.  However, the animation of Ressler seemed off in terms of likeness.  I thought the animation of Liz looked a lot like her.  I was surprised to see the videos of the cast and crew at the beginning and end.

As for the plot, I feel like we've not gotten very far this season.  The part about the Kazanjian brothers got a little hard for me to follow at times.  Not sure that I believe Katarina's story that she simply needs Red to reveal who stole the Sikorsky Archive.  There has to be more to it than this.  There for a bit I began to wonder if she's even Liz's real mother.  One thing that bugs me about this show is that Liz makes questionable choices.  Her decision to slight Red and choose Katarina make come back to haunt her.  My guess is she'll flip sides again.  I wish they'd just tell us what's going on with Red's health.

Loved seeing Brian Dennehy again.  That scene of Liz telling Dom that's she's now on Katarina's side was ridiculous.

Overall, I give them credit for finishing the episode.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I hated this episode!

Add me to the "hate" list.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan I hated the animation, it seemed it was done in a hurry, there wasn't a lot of movement in the characters. It also brought to mind how filming is done out of sequence I didn't like the back and forth of the animation and live action. I thought the dubbing of voices in the animation was terrible, the acting and the voices both. I could have done without the episode.