Honored Contributor

Re: The Blacklist Season Finale *SPOILERS*

[ Edited ]

I didn't mind Liz in the first season-I thought she was a tad young for that position but hey-I don't write for the series.  LOL

But then they started to dumb her down and that wedding was just awful.  She started out a top agent and then started to need rescuing all the time. 

Now she's just all over the place; I don't mind the actress-I think she holds up well to James Spader but her character is being dissected all over the place.  Liz has just become a human yawn.

They need to tie up all this Katerina/Red/Liz mystery once and for all and go back to the cases Red gives them.

And darn it- where are the bones in the suitcase and who watches Agnes???

I'll have to write to them and let them know how to do the next set of episodes.  Think they will take my advice?  LOL

Edit:  Agnes, not Alice.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering why M. Boone and J. Spader didn't do a recorded message. 

I keep hoping Mr. Kaplan survived that fall and will show up soon.

After the last show, I wondered if Liz's mother is the bag of bones and this new woman is the imposter.  Odd that after all that Reddington has done for Liz, she would pick her mom who just recently entered her life.  So, we're to believe the torturing has been just to get the name of the person who stole a blackmail file, so that Katerina can clear her own name?  Do you think Red has the file?  Seems like there would be more to it than this.

Frequent Contributor

I miss Mr something too. I loved the show when it first started. Love James Spader! He would make reading a phone book entertaining. Anyway, Miss Tom too.I missed a few episodes and I got lost on some of the story lines but I still watch.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I'm assuming Reddington has some type of cancer.

I'm thinking Lou Gehrig's disease or a deadly form of progressive Parkinson disease. 

In the doctors "home made" office, his hand was shaking, Liz saw it, Red notices Liz looking at hand & quickly hides his hand.

Whatever disease he has, it's deadly.  Reason for the "rush" go getting his will in order.

I hope next season will the last.  The shows writers have gone away from what this show was originally about...finding the criminals on THE BLACKLIST.

Whoever this "fake" Red really is,  I believe is actually the last person on "The List."  We'll find that out on fake Red's death bed confession to Liz ears only. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm wondering why M. Boone and J. Spader didn't do a recorded message. 

I keep hoping Mr. Kaplan survived that fall and will show up soon.

After the last show, I wondered if Liz's mother is the bag of bones and this new woman is the imposter.  Odd that after all that Reddington has done for Liz, she would pick her mom who just recently entered her life.  So, we're to believe the torturing has been just to get the name of the person who stole a blackmail file, so that Katerina can clear her own name?  Do you think Red has the file?  Seems like there would be more to it than this.

@wildcat fan   Ooh that is a good guess. 

I'm getting so lost about Katerina.  She sure is a cruel person.

Red must have something and now with his illness-it can't be terminal since there is another season in the works.

This "file"-I'm so confused.  What is Katerina trying to clear her name??

D'oh!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   He may be the fake Red but do you think he really is Liz's father?  I still do.

Interesting he's the last on the Blacklist-but since Red was already wanted internationally I would think he's not on a list now that he has immunity at least in our country.

Interesting ideas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 

Raymond Redding is/was on the Blacklist.  We do not know who "fake" Red really is.  It's the "impersonator" who is the last on the Blacklist.  That's my take. 

Red has been dying since he turned himself in.  For the last 3-4 seasons Denbe has been begging fake Red to tell Liz the truth.  Now we know the truth NOT that he's the daddy but, he's dying.

It has already been established (last season or the season before) that "fake" Red is not the daddy.  Liz has mentioned this herself several times this season.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif