Honored Contributor

👀 The Blacklist E16 & 17 👀

The 2nd hour was the best episode EVER since this series has gone off track.....The full back story of "Mr Kaplan/Kate."  Who knew how well educated she is!

And why was Denbe on the "blacklist" as #10?

confused.gif

Spoiler
Red didn't kill Mr Kaplin because she has a plate in her head which Red knew nothing about! Smiley Surprised

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 The Blacklist E16 & 17 👀

Just when I decided that I'd had enough a disappointing Blacklist....we get the best episode ever!  So, now we know what makes Mr Kaplan tick and her relationship to Red and Elizabeth and Elizabeth's mother.  We all knew that Mr Kaplan was "dark" but I had no idea she was THAT "dark"...minute by minute, that show kept getting better and better and deeper and deeper.  I missed the Dembe episode, I'll watch that one after dinner.

Honored Contributor

Great episodes ......  gave me a lot to think about, and sort through all the new information.

Valued Contributor

That last episode was AWESOME. The show had been dragging, but this episode was a game changer! Sadly though, I have not heard that it is being renewed for another season,

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a strange and creepy episode. Both Katerina and Kate creeped me out...they both appear to be nuts.

Why did Kat kill that guy? Who was he?

And that loner guy didn't even try to get out of the cabin - he just let himself get blown up to protect a woman he hadn't known very long? But, I guess he could have escaped out the back door.

I must not have understood what was going on. lol

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daisy wrote:

What a strange and creepy episode. Both Katerina and Kate creeped me out...they both appear to be nuts.

Why did Kat kill that guy? Who was he?

And that loner guy didn't even try to get out of the cabin - he just let himself get blown up to protect a woman he hadn't known very long? But, I guess he could have escaped out the back door.

I must not have understood what was going on. lol

I figured it was self defense since it was in her home.  Probably connected to her dangerous spy work.  

One thing that bugged me is that grown up Liz hasn't made the connection about Mr. Kaplan.  Based on the age of the last child actor playing Liz, I would think there would've been some sort of memory about the nanny who looked after her. I remember previous episodes where Liz remembered the fire and the shooting, so I was surprised nothing about the nanny came back to her.

So now what is going to happen to all the bodies at the ice rink?  Is Kaplan planning for Red to be locked away for all those murders?

Whoever did the makeup to create that wound on the back of Mr. Kaplan's head should be nominated for an Emmy!  It looked so real and gross that I had to close my eyes or turn my head each time she showed it!  

I wonder if this and Redemption will be renewed.  My husband, who is a big fan, said he'd be okay if it didn't get renewed as long as we got some closure and background details like we got from the last episodes.  

If they do get renewed, Aram needs to tell his shower partner to leave him alone.  Just leave.

I've noticed that the best episodes have very little screen time for Liz.  May that continue!

Esteemed Contributor

About the creepy guy who found Mr. Kaplan...I kept wondering why Dembe didn't shoot him when they were out in the woods.  Did he really leave his car without a weapon?  So not like Dembe!  

The writers did some strange things with that loner character.  One minute he had Mr. Kaplan tied up like a hostage.  Then she escapes and they become friends??? I wasn't expecting him to blow up the place, but I also wasn't expecting him to have a direct line to Kaplan.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's like Tom - In the beginning, he was an excellent fighter and could take on many guys at once...then the next thing you know, he has trouble taking on one or two guys. They're not consistent.

Honored Contributor

I must be missing something here ..........

Do you recall when Mr Kaplan went to the motel and wanted to be in Room 8?    She ended up in Room 7 and later the stupid blond guy needed cigarettes.  Remember that?  Kate said she had some in her trailer ......  and then what happened next?  Did she kill the guy?  The girlfriend came by the next morning, saying he hadn't returned, and soon afterwards, Kate was in Room 8.

My first thought was Kate was not tolerant of abusers, and killed him.   Did I miss a key point with this couple in the motel?

Anyone here have more clarity on this situation?