Honored Contributor

Re: The Blacklist 7/6 SURPRISE! *Spoiler*

I liked Liz in the beginning and I thought as an actress she held her own with Spader.

However they really dumbed down her character and to me she was becoming unbelievable as an agent.

I loved watching Spader as Red and despite his criminal actions we see his tender side with Agnes.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

Just like the Endeavour finale, I'll be watching with mixed emotions...

I've loved this show from the very beginning, but as they say:

"All good things must come to an end" 

I do agree that they've dragged it out for waaaay too long.

Kettle Corn, anyone? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

They better not leave the ending up in the air as to Red's real identity.🤬

I also think Spader does not look well in real life.

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

They better not leave the ending up in the air as to Red's real identity.🤬

I also think Spader does not look well in real life.

@Cakers3 100%. The fans have stuck by the show for 10 years with many head scratching moments so we deserve to know the truth Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I stopped watch the show a couple years ago, but plan to record the series finale.  I probably won't understand some of the scenes and storylines, but I'm curious to see what they do with it.

Respected Contributor

I love James Spader and was kind of sad to see that the task force will end.  Am curious as how they are going to play this.  If they do not turn Red in they will all be prosecuted but I cannot see him being caught.  I am dying of curiosity and hope they give us a great finish after 10 years.  As a side note, I was rewatching Boston Legal and wow he was so young!  We are all getting older (lol) but it was kind of shocking to see him from years ago.  I love his voice and style of acting and can watch him forever. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals   I was always amazed at the long speeches he would give in the court. Imagine memorizing all that and delivering in a believable fashion. He supposedly has an eidetic memory but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

He did say he has OCD and can play a mean harmonica of all things.

Did you ever see him in the 1994 movie Stargate? So young with a full head of blonde hair.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if he is retiring from acting or just ending this show, fantastic actor!

Honored Contributor

@Estellee  I have noticed that actors & actresses that are in long running tv series either retire or semi-retire.  Especially, if the show goes into syndication.  They may pop up on a commercial from time to time.  Otherwise, they are sitting back collecting $$$$ down the road.

200.gif

@Cakers3  He is also bat blind w/o his glasses.  He cannot tolerate contacts.  He is severly nearsighted.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@lovesallanimals   I was always amazed at the long speeches he would give in the court. Imagine memorizing all that and delivering in a believable fashion. He supposedly has an eidetic memory but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

He did say he has OCD and can play a mean harmonica of all things.

Did you ever see him in the 1994 movie Stargate? So young with a full head of blonde hair.

@Cakers3 

He's had such an interesting life!  During college he was a roommate with JFK Jr. for a while.