Honored Contributor

Re: The Blacklist 7/6 SURPRISE! *Spoiler*

@Estellee wrote:

Does anyone know if he is retiring from acting or just ending this show, fantastic actor!

@Estellee 

Well, at this point he's certainly entitled to take a lengthy vacation, lol. 

My guess is it will depend on what he's offered in the future, or what he wants to do.  A lot of actors transition to doing production work behind the camera when they see how much more money the producers make than the actors.  

Valued Contributor

I'm sure he's financially "comfortable" enough to retire or semi-retire, at this point.

I'd love to see him do a "Guest" or "Cameo" spot once in a while, however.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@lovesallanimals   I was always amazed at the long speeches he would give in the court. Imagine memorizing all that and delivering in a believable fashion. He supposedly has an eidetic memory but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

He did say he has OCD and can play a mean harmonica of all things.

Did you ever see him in the 1994 movie Stargate? So young with a full head of blonde hair.

@Cakers3 

He's had such an interesting life!  During college he was a roommate with JFK Jr. for a while.

@Tinkrbl44 He was born in Boston and attended a private school in Andover Massachusetts. Phillips Academy I believe. 

A few years ago he purchased a home in Massachusetts where he spent summers as a child. I forget the location but I think it's near an island near Cape Cod. Not Martha's or Hyannis though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@lovesallanimals   I was always amazed at the long speeches he would give in the court. Imagine memorizing all that and delivering in a believable fashion. He supposedly has an eidetic memory but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

Did you ever see him in the 1994 movie Stargate? So young with a full head of blonde hair.

@Cakers3 

He's had such an interesting life!  During college he was a roommate with JFK Jr. for a while.

Never saw Stargate, have to find that movie.  Yes, the courtroom scenes were fantastic but my favorite part of the show was when he and "Denny" sat on the balcony at the end, smoking cigars and having the most interesting discussions.  I am so enjoying watching this program all over again.

Wow, I did not know he was a roomate with JFK Jr. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read the end of the show will be filmed in Spain.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Never saw Stargate, have to find that movie.  Yes, the courtroom scenes were fantastic but my favorite part of the show was when he and "Denny" sat on the balcony at the end, smoking cigars and having the most interesting discussions.  I am so enjoying watching this program all over again.

Wow, I did not know he was a roomate with JFK Jr. 

@lovesallanimals  I loved when they dressed up as women for the party. Spader made a pretty girl. Shatner not so much.🤪

Stargate is a sci-fi movie which goes back through a portal to ancient Egypt ruled by Ra.

The TV series Stargate with Richard Dean Anderson (of General Hospital and MacGyver fame) was developed from the movie.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I just watched the finale of The Blacklist and I hated the way Red died.  First of all, I cried like a baby when Dembe gave that speech at the end in the hospital bed.  It was so moving and when he shed those tears, I was so moved and yes, I cried.  What I cannot figure out and what I did not like was how Red died.  I thought as he was walking, he seemed to realize his time was coming to an end and they would find him llying in the field dying peacefully.  He brought the bulls horns back to Mexico where a matador killed him to right a wrong to the bull.  What was the reason for a bull to maul him to death?  This was not justified and was so wrong and cruel.  I loved the character of Red.  He only went after horrible criminals and he cared about those he loved.  I will miss him.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ending was a real head scratcher. RIP Raymond Reddirngton Heart

Honored Contributor

I just finished watching the finale. 

Huh.

I have to think about it. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching the Blacklist about the time the Russian woman was living next door to Liz, so watching the series finale had some holes in it, as I expected.  I wanted to see the finale, though.

Question .....

Had Raymond been sick?  In the last half hour of the two hours, he coughed up blood into a hankie.   Was this a new development, the result of a recent injury, or an illness that was progressing?  

TIA !