Respected Contributor

Just came across this when looking for something to watch.  I forgot how funny Nathan Lane was in this movie.  I haven't seen it for ages, but it's a comedy classic. 

I miss Robin Williams Woman Sad

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Pretty much my favorite movie of all time!

My kids laugh because I will say guess what I'm watching?

They already know-I probably really have watched it over 50 timesSmiley Happy

I miss him too very much.

Our assistant pastor reminds me of himWoman Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

This is one of my favorite movies. Everytime I come across it, I have to watch it. I am not really a comedy person, but this is the best.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this movie too and I love the French original also, either subtitled or dubbed.  Very good movies.  I too miss Robin Williams.

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV-

I have heard of  "La Cage aux Folles", but never made the connection! When I read your post about the original french one I thought wait is that the "cage of birds" (in French?!) 

I'll have to try and see if I can watch that one.

Sometimes when someone says a phrase, like "well...because.." (when Nathan Lane is questioned about his pink socks and says one must have a hint of color"), I start laughing and will get a look like what is wrong with her?!

Also if I start saying a line like Sparticus's-"come innnn, as he bows)

I'll start laughing or I used to repeat, Colman, Golman, Goldman, and my son would say, "Mom, stop!"

I'm laughing now-I just can't stop myself lol!

I just love Nathan Lane in that and also Gene Hackman with his "the trees, speechWoman LOLDiane Weist-"I don't think I know you!" and "someone has to like me best!"

I just recently had my mother watch it with me and I laugh like I've never watched it before.Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

This is in my top five movie favorites. I have a dvd version but it’s also available on demand. When it’s shown on TV, I just HAVE TO watch it. Everyone was fantastic (I miss Robin Williams too) but if I had to pick my favorite character, it would have to be Agador Spartacus. My 95 year old mother adores The Birdcage so I bought a copy for her. I think every time I’ve seen the film, I find something new to make me laugh out loud. The walk-like-John Wayne scene is one of my favorites.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay, you've got me laughing out loud this morning! Can you imagine the laugh riots that must have gone on trying to film this movie?! Ha! Nathan Lane truly was perfection. And remember the "Pirin" tablets that Agador Spartucus would give him? LOL! Oh, and I, for one, really appreciated Agador's "Guatemalan-ness!"

Respected Contributor

This is one of the best ever movies that I can watch over and over!!!!!!!

Just like "Dirty dancing", "Pretty woman", " A few good man","My cousin Vinny", "Pulp fiction" and a few others. ..". Those were the days......

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@on the bay, you've got me laughing out loud this morning! Can you imagine the laugh riots that must have gone on trying to film this movie?! Ha! Nathan Lane truly was perfection. And remember the "Pirin" tablets that Agador Spartucus would give him? LOL! Oh, and I, for one, really appreciated Agador's "Guatemalan-ness!"

@pupwhipped-

😂 💟

Image result for pictures from the Birdcage

Un Huevo!

Trusted Contributor

ONE OF OUR MOST FAVORITE MOVIES. We have it on Blu-Ray.

”ohhhh....I pierced the toast!”

”when the schmecken beckons”

”I cannot wear shoes, they make me fall down”

Agador in the thong cleaning the pool...OMG!

Looking of the bowls of the “peasant stew”, “ Are those boys playing leapfrog?” OH DEAR!