Honored Contributor

This old lady is getting an education tonight.  I am learning who the popular music performers are and what looks are currently in fashion.  I wish my body had the strength and flexibility to move like they do.  It is fun to watch and listen to new entertainment.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Billboard Music Awards

@deepwaterdotter I so agree with you, me too.  I watch SNL & the musical guests I've heard of but have no idea who they are but watching them I go okay I kinda like that.  

Super Contributor

I'm not liking the fact they're not letting some of the winners that are not there accept their awards virtually because of time constraints or just because they're not there. Some have broken records for the number of BBMA awards won or are important to some other people.

oh well..nothing I can do about it. I'm just one person.

Honored Contributor

Watched for a few. Saw Mary J. Blige constantly tugging on the bottom of that "outfit"! If it had been any shorter, the censors would have had to blur it out.

Respected Contributor

During the opening sequence, Diddy's drawers were too low for him to reach you know where, but when the other male singer came out, and he almost immediately began reaching for his crotch, over n over n over, I thought, no way am I going to sit and watch this.  So I didn't.

I watched a Perry Mason movie on METV instead, followed by Ed Sullivan who had on 'The Band', Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Byrds, The Lovin Spoonful (Daydream) and Smokey Robinson and The Miracles.  I was pleased with my decision to switch channels.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN Yeah, that 5 minutes I wasted I can't ever get back. I record Ed Sullivan on Sunday nights, get a kick out of it. Remember it from all those years ago.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch, although I would have liked to have seen a few of the performers! I can't believe what Megan Thee Stallion had on-if it would have been any shorter-she may as well have worn nothing! Jeeze, come on people you don't have to show that much of yourself.....

Respected Contributor

I love how when anything current is mentioned people jump in & proudly proclaim that they haven't seen/listened to anything since the 1960s.

Like it is a badge of honor to have stagnated in one era & are horrified about "what kids are getting up to" in the current time period.

You all probably remember the pearl clutching that went on with Elvis & the Beatles? Those hips! Those drainpipe trousers! That hair!

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

During the opening sequence, Diddy's drawers were too low for him to reach you know where, but when the other male singer came out, and he almost immediately began reaching for his crotch, over n over n over, I thought, no way am I going to sit and watch this.  So I didn't.

I watched a Perry Mason movie on METV instead, followed by Ed Sullivan who had on 'The Band', Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Byrds, The Lovin Spoonful (Daydream) and Smokey Robinson and The Miracles.  I was pleased with my decision to switch channels.

@jellyBEAN 

Me too JELLYBEAN preferred the Perry Mason movie and Ed Sullivan's classic rock to the crotch grabbing...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

I love how when anything current is mentioned people jump in & proudly proclaim that they haven't seen/listened to anything since the 1960s.

Like it is a badge of honor to have stagnated in one era & are horrified about "what kids are getting up to" in the current time period.

You all probably remember the pearl clutching that went on with Elvis & the Beatles? Those hips! Those drainpipe trousers! That hair!

@Dusty1 

It's not so much the music, its just fine hearing the tune played from a music APP without video versus watching it and seeing "the antics" that go along with today's music that's a turn off......and no I'm NOT a pearl clutcher and I like all kinds of music.... but I dont see anything entertaining about men grabbing their privates or on one Grammy Show the singers were simulating the "intimate act" as their on air performance....or the wearing of the most revealing clothing trying to get publicity in the skimpiest outfit possible---if they have to rely on that they must not have much talent ---and I've seen some of these same woman at the "me too" movement events protesting "harrassment" 🙄.......a bit of conflicting philosophies,eh???? SMH!!!  

Many of those same fashion styles from the 60's/70's have returned as a current "trend".....LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”