Trusted Contributor

The Big Shot with Bethany on HBO Max 4-29

Hi,

I guess this show will be starting next week on HBO Max (I think streaming only).  It is a reality show where she is looking for someone to help her run her company.  I am guessing kind of like the Apprentice.  I will be checking it out.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Big Shot with Bethany on HBO Max 4-29

I'll pass on this.

Honored Contributor

As a housewife she was OBNOXIOUS. I do not like her at all. I can see why her husband  left her. 

Honored Contributor

If this is Bethany Frankel, I'll pass. She was and is a nasty piece of work.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

If this is Bethany Frankel, I'll pass. She was and is a nasty piece of work.

Yes I am curious how she will do on this show.  It is her show so she may be a little nicer.  You never know what to expect with her.  I will give it try and see if I like the show.

Honored Contributor

while i support and respect her commitment to helping others, i cannot stand bethenny anymore. i used to really like her when she was just getting started, but i find her now to be a big mouth, overly  judgemental, and an unfriendly person overall.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I'd put this in the same category of "I Want to Be a Hilton" circa 2005.  

Pass

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

As a housewife she was OBNOXIOUS. I do not like her at all. I can see why her husband  left her. 

@SeaMaiden   I believe she left him, and he tried to get his hands on money and the apartment that she bought, designed, and paid for, never liked him.  

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl Bethany did not design the apartment she shared with him.  She hired Gomez Associates, a mother and daughter design team.  She then begged him to handle the designers, the construction crew and all the scheduling which he did.  All of this was on camera as well as her asking him to get involved and help her with the business.

I give her credit for her business smarts and the success she has had but she's difficult and a lot to handle and gets really nasty.  In the divorce, she's not so lily white and she was the one who dragged it out so long.

Of course, I. always, think it funny when a divorce comes along, no one blames the wife for getting all she can but it's the opposite if it's a man.............just saying!

Trusted Contributor

Well it seems like there are a lot of Bethanny haters here so you will be happy to hear her new show is terrible.  Like my opinion of many of the housewifes,  I don't really like her,  but I watch for the entertainment value.  The new reality show is bad.  I am surprised Mark Burnett is behind this show.  Bethanny originally came to fame on the Martha Stewart Apprentice.  I was expecting this show to be like that.  Instead they select 10 people to try and become her next Vice President of her company.  They did not select 10 people that would in any way be able to be a Vice President of a company.  Looks like they just selected them on personality and most do not have much personality.  Bethany is able to belittle them and continue to get all the attention and not be very nice.  

I watched two of them but I don't think I can watch anymore.  Surprised HBO and Mark Burnett put this together.