Esteemed Contributor

I believe we know every one's last name on TBBT (including Stuart whose last name was revealed a few weeks ago with Raj's murder mystery) except Penny. I have Googled and search IMDb. Cannot find a last name for her character. Interesting.

I bet when we find out, it will be something really silly like Penny Dollar, Penny Nickel, Penny Buck.

I have way too much time on my hands today....

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: The Big Bang Theory - Penny

Actually I never even noticed that they've never mentioned Penny's last name.

Bazinga!!

Honored Contributor

Lovely to see you Mama Wick! Now since you brought up Penny, we've seen some of the oldest shows recently and we think we looks very different but we can't figure out why! The bangs alone? Something about her mouth? Is it just us (always in question isn't it? LOL!!!)? Anyone have an answer?

Penny Cash??? LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I've never thought about the last names of characters, except for the ones we already know. Interesting question.

I'd be willing to bet, however, that it wouldn't be an easy name like dollar, etc. I just Googled and got that 'we will never know'. So, there ya have it. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I even looked up Keith Carradine who plays her father. All it says for his character is Wyatt.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

It will probably be revealed in one of two ways (both in the series finale). When she marries Leonard or if she wins the Academy Award.
Super Contributor

LOL - Cute thread, MamaWick; I'd never before thought about Penny's lack of a surname. Great theory, Alter Ego. Or perhaps Penny's merely positioning herself for eventual stardom by adopting a trendy mono-monicker like Beyonce, Cher, Madonna and so many others.
Respected Contributor

I'm thinking her family name is not revealed for a reason....maybe she isn't a starving actress but a rich heiress or something like that....or maybe she owns the cheesecake factory franchise....LOL

Super Contributor

This is just another indication that collectively, the TV fans who populate these threads are infinitely more creative, more imaginative and more hilarious than the professional writers who are highly paid to crank out scripts in Hollywood. Ladies and gentlemen, you've missed your true calling!
Contributor

How many times has Leonard gotten Penny's mail, either when she went back home to Nebraska, or got it by "accident" so he could deliver it to her in person?? He should know her last name, if she has one.

I believe that I read once not sure where but that her last name would not be revealed until the series ended; and as they just signed for 3 more years that is too long for me. Oh well, it is fun speculating what if any last name she might have.