Respected Contributor

A heavy rain day meant movie watching for me. I watched "Your Place or Mine" last night, with Reese Witherspoon and Ashton Kutcher. This movie was mentioned twice in earlier posts. It wasn't a wonderful, watch over and over again movie, but was worth the two rainy hours of viewing.

The second one, and the main reason for the post, was from 2014 but I hadn't seen it before: "The Best of Me". I should've watched this after the first because I was crying too many tears to watch right before bed. It's based on a Nicholas Sparks book, I should've known but didn't before I watched. I know there are lots of people who don't care for his books but I always do. This stars James Marsden (love the twinkle in his eyes!) and Gerald McRaney, both of whom I enjoy watching.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Best of Me on Netflix

@Carolina925   I loved "The Best Of Me."   I watched it a few weeks ago as I had never seen it before.

I thought all of the actors were wonderful.

My particular favorite scene was when they were dancing in the cabin and the song "Sweet Jane" was playing.  That is a favorite of mine.

It is great movie to curl up with and enjoy.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carolina925 wrote:

A heavy rain day meant movie watching for me. I watched "Your Place or Mine" last night, with Reese Witherspoon and Ashton Kutcher. This movie was mentioned twice in earlier posts. It wasn't a wonderful, watch over and over again movie, but was worth the two rainy hours of viewing.

The second one, and the main reason for the post, was from 2014 but I hadn't seen it before: "The Best of Me". I should've watched this after the first because I was crying too many tears to watch right before bed. It's based on a Nicholas Sparks book, I should've known but didn't before I watched. I know there are lots of people who don't care for his books but I always do. This stars James Marsden (love the twinkle in his eyes!) and Gerald McRaney, both of whom I enjoy watching.

@Carolina925 ...I have just put "The Best of Me" on my list to watch...My two all time favorite movies, based on Nicholas Sparks' books, are "The Notebook" and "Nights In Rodanthe"...both so beautifully written and also so well done as movies...I can't tell you how many times I have watched both.

So I am looking forward to watching "The Best of Me" tonight!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove   I loved both of the movies that you mentioned.

I watched "Nights In Rodanthe" many times and always enjoy.

Let us know how you like "Best Of Me."

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed this movie. Great acting as well. How can you go wrong

with James Marsden?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, I love Gerald McRaney. Will put it on my list

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@MyShadowLove   I loved both of the movies that you mentioned.

I watched "Nights In Rodanthe" many times and always enjoy.

Let us know how you like "Best Of Me."

@Mersha...To be honest, I had somewhat of a difficult time getting into it at first, as I found the acting to be somewhat weak and lacking...and, for some reason, I didn't care for the actress that played the younger version of Amanda... However, as the storyline progressed, I became more involved and interested in how everything would turn out for Amanda and Dawson...It was quite a very emotional and touching ending.

It was good but the problem for me is that I tend to compare these other movies to my very favorite three movies that were based on Nicholas Sparks' books..."The Notebook", "Nights In Rodanthe" and "Messsage in a Bottle".

These movies had the best, most experienced and most talented actors...strong and powerful storylines and  performances.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~