Honored Contributor

Re: The Best Movie Marriage Proposals

Much as I love the entire film, I've never liked the When H Met S proposal because I don't like her saying she hates him, even if she really doesn't. That would definitely not be a favorite proposal scene for me.
Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I also love the "While You Were Sleeping" and "When Harry Met Sally" proposals and another of my favorites is "Murphys Romance"

She asks if he wants to stay for dinner and he says if he stays for dinner he's going to be there for breakfast. She asks him how he likes his eggs. Then She says I'm (can't remember the actual ages) this many years old, and I'm in love for the first time in my life, and he says I'm this many years old and I'm in love for the last time. Makes me melt every time!!

cookin

@cookinfreak Oh gosh, I don't think I have ever seen Murphys Romance.  I am gonig to have to check that out!  Thanks!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Much as I love the entire film, I've never liked the When H Met S proposal because I don't like her saying she hates him, even if she really doesn't. That would definitely not be a favorite proposal scene for me.

@Pearlee Yeah, that kind of spoils it for me too.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips 

I would bet you would love this movie. It is so sweet and I love, love, love James Garner and Sally Field. I too watch this any and every time I see it on!

cookin