Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Baker and the Beauty

@Tique wrote:

I removed it from my DVR Schedule because I thought about ABC's pattern of one and done seasons for their mid-season shows. In addition to Grand Hotel, here are a few more: Whiskey Cavalier, Reef Break, and Take Two.

I do hope those of you who watch will enjoy it.

@Tique - That is the reason why I am hesitant to watch this new show.  I enjoyed both Grand Hotel and Take Two and was disappointed when ABC cancelled them.

Honored Contributor

So I DVR'd this, it was just meh! I love Songland and also watch Bull, I have other shows I watch and record on Monday, I'm dropping this show.

Esteemed Contributor

Watched half of it....wasn't too realistic.....won't be watching

Respected Contributor

I saw the ads but wasnt interested!  

Honored Contributor

Is anyone else still watching this? I enjoy the chemistry among the cast, and the development of the characters. There is always something to link to the following week. It's become one of my new favorites. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  i am REALLY enjoying this show......perfect timing with all that is going on.......lots of fun and the family is great! the couple definitely has great chemistry. i also really enjoy the music they play on this show. i wonder how it is doing in the ratings? i am going ot be upset if this does not move forward.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I watch Bull at that time since even the reruns are new to me, I watched Good Doctor all thru the year. 

Respected Contributor

I've been watching. The premise sounded like a goofy Hallmark movie, but I love Carlos Gomes, so I gave it a try.

I don't love the premise and don't know how they're going to make a 2-hour movie concept last more than one season*, but I've found myself falling in love with the Garcia family. I love that they made the ex-girlfriend a far more complex character than just a jilted lover. I also loved the way Rafael responded at the daughter's revelation at the family dinner part. (That's all I will say - no spoilers!)

*To be fair, I said the exact same thing about both Lost and Prison Break and somehow they were both big hits with multiple seasons.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 - I love the music too! At least for an hour I can lose myself in a tropical location - well, Miami, but that's close enough! Any you're right. . . that chemisty!

I think it's doing pretty well in the ratings. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland - I started watching it because of Carlos Gomez. I didn't know any of the others. But from the first show, I thought the whole family was great too. I agree with you about Vanessa. I got the impression that character wouldn't be on after the first episode, but Michelle Veintimilla is doing a fantastic job playing her, and I'm glad she's a regular. 

Loved tonight's episode. Lewis is so funny! The backbone of this show is the heart of the Garcia family.

I never missed an episode of Lost!  Smiley Happy