Honored Contributor

The Bad Seed movie(s) on LifeTime channel last night

[ Edited ]

What nightmares are made of....I had to click to another channel several times...the"evil" was just too much....Her murdering  all those people...and killing the puppy....then putting the baby's life at risk....and she is still alive at the end...on to her next victims with the baby... I thought in the original movie lightening struck her and she was gone...wish that happened in this  movie  too.....

wish I had never watched this....😳😳😳😳😳😳

Super Contributor

Re: The Bad Seed movie(s) on LifeTime channel last night

I don't have cable, but I couldn't watch it if I did. 

Respected Contributor

I was flipping channels last night and looked at the guide and saw this movie listed, but it was too late to see it in its entirety.   The only version of this movie I have seen is the old black and white one with Patty McCormack.  That one was scary enough for me!

Guess I am not going to watch this new one, as it sounds a bit disturbing....

@SeaMaiden 

Thanks for the warning as I do not think this would be for me!😳😳

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I was flipping channels last night and looked at the guide and saw this movie listed, but it was too late to see it in its entirety.   The only version of this movie I have seen is the old black and white one with Patty McCormack.  That one was scary enough for me!

@SeaMaiden 

@4kitties  If the original was disturbing to you....this one is 10 times worse....do not watch it. I am someone who is not bothered by horror films...but this one with all the ugly things going on today in society, really was disturbing AND I worry  might make sick people like her  act out after seeing it😳

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you!  I was going to watch it at some point, but I am sure it would not be anything I would enjoy.  

edited to add:  These types of movies should come with warnings I guess.  😩😳😩😳

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I watched the original and then I watched the first of these two.  I thought the child actress in the first one was amazing.  Her expressions were perfect and she really came across as a psycopath - evil personified.  Was she the same actress - older - in the second one?

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I have a hard time watching the original with Patty McCormack, she was so good in it.  It is a very disturbing movie.  I can't even imageine what a new one would be like.  No thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I watched the original and then I watched the first of these two.  I thought the child actress in the first one was amazing.  Her expressions were perfect and she really came across as a psycopath - evil personified.  Was she the same actress - older - in the second one?

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Isobel Archer  YES

Regular Contributor

I remembered I had watched the first movie, but after the first few seconds of the

scene with the puppy I knew what was coming and switched the channel immediately.  I cannot watch such acts of cruelty, even when I know it is acting. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What nightmares are made of....I had to click to another channel several times...the"evil" was just too much....Her murdering  all those people...and killing the puppy....then putting the baby's life at risk....and she is still alive at the end...on to her next victims with the baby... I thought in the original movie lightening struck her and she was gone...wish that happened in this  movie  too.....

wish I had never watched this....😳😳😳😳😳😳

@SeaMaiden   Rhoda did survive in the book.

At the time the 1956 movie was made, the Hays Code was still in effect, censoring a mulitude of issues.  Rhoda could not get away with her murders and so she had to die in that film.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh