Honored Contributor

As a longtime watcher and a proud former member of "Bachelor Sleuthers" (before Reality Steve), I'm out too.

All because Chris asked us to be compassionate and forgiving toward a young woman. Aren't we all supposed to be kind to each other? Can't we forgive?

A former Bachelorette was on a mission. She accomplished what she intended, then left all Bachelor related shows and podcasts- that SHE got paid for as a result of her participating, coming in as a finalist on The Bachelor, then being chosen to star in The Bachelorette. She also met her husband on the show!

I also looked forward to Bachelor in Paradise. It was fun to watch in the summer!

The new "hosts" of this: David Spade, Tituss Burgess, Lil John, and Lance Bass. Good comedians, and maybe Lance will sing to them, but viewers will tune in to see THEM, not the former cast members.

I won't be watching this either. I had enough trouble when Jorge the Bartender - and Jack of all trades - left!

What TPTB don't understand is Chris was amazing at what he did because he wasn't the STAR of the show. The bachelor/bachelorette and the ones competing were. Chris was always there, but he wasn't there constantly. THAT made it work.

He is still close to a lot of former contestants and has introduced some behind the scenes who are now married with families. I think he's a good guy, and no matter how he made out financially- VERY well as we all know- he will miss doing what he did. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Bachlorette

[ Edited ]

Agree with all you said, @beach-mom .  To add, I have read that CH did a lot behind the scenes, too, to keep things running smoothly and helping with all the players;  that his presence was missed this season by the crew members as well.

Honored Contributor

It is interesting that they are moving away from "one host" to multiple hosts.  I assume they are working this like Jeopardy and trying out a bunch of people to see who works with the fans.

Good luck with that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

DD and I were talking about this. TPTB are talking to Wells Adams, who is engaged to Sarah Hyland from Modern Family. They are working out negotiations, but the two of them are supposed to show up in some capacity, probably hosts, on Bachelor in Paradise.

DD thinks the two of them will be the permanent hosts of the Bachelor franchise. Bachelor fans "know" Wells, from his time as one of the bachelors on JoJo's season in 2016, a bachelor on Bachelor in Paradise, and later the bartender when Jorge left. He is liked by a lot of fans. Sarah is familiar to people from her role as "Haley." The two of them have been on shows together since then.

People are more likely to watch them, instead of various former contestants who are seeking stardom, or former football players who had no previous connection to the franchise. 

I like both of them, but I still believe Chris Harrison was treated unfairly. I don't think I'm interested any longer.   Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

On paper, Wells makes the most sense.

However, if the production company pulled back and added in a diverse group of individuals at the top to bring more diversity to this show, how is Wells an option?  If you want the show to be more diverse, don't you have to have a person of color or a woman as host?

You're just replacing Chris Harrison with a younger version.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

There was even more of Tayshia and Kaitlyn on last nights show. Could do without them.   A little of them goes a long way!

Trusted Contributor

I can't take Taysha and Katelyn. They are too much. They always talk about people being there for the wrong reasons however look at the  number of the bachelorette and bachelors who have taken their 15 minutes of fame and ran with it to further their careers? I find that a bit ironic.  

Valued Contributor

This is becoming very boring.  Every episode is about a bachelor being there for the "wrong reasons" and fellow bachelors trying to comfort poor Katie who just wants to find a husband (snort) and is apparently surrounded by bachelors who want to use her as a stepping stone to fame.   

The latest one admitted that he initially joined because he wanted to be the next "Bachelor".  The other guys are sooooo worried that Katie won't see thru him. and debate on whether to counsel her.  Well, since he admited this on a group date in front of everyone including Katie - is she some kind of birdbrain that she can't figure out he needs to go - apparently so.

Respected Contributor

It is really bad this season and I watch a tiny bit but pretty bored to death by her and the boys they pick to come on. They look good on paper but there is always crying and complaining so I'm pretty done with it. 

I don't care for the girl they picked at all. 

Sick of -- I'm here to find love and get engaged!

Valued Contributor

In the last episode, a bachelor shows up wanting to compete for Katie (Blake).  He's been on two other Bachelor seasons and she lets him join.  Now if someone has been on two other Bachelor seasons that would tell me that he really, really, likes the time before the camera.

Also, if I was one of the other contestants that had originally started this season, I would wonder why is she adding yet another man when she has had thirty or more to chose from.  I would think that she is not satisfied with her current group and that would tell me that I should quit wasting my time and go home.