Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately I fear Claire is not over.  We know they are going to sit down with them next week <eyeroll> and I wonder if we're going get a "cute" little clip of them at the end of each show in their natural habitat.  

Honored Contributor

they both kept saying that they had no contact before meeting each other in person for the show. does anyone believe that or was she lying?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I said I was out ( not a real fan of the show), I just wanted to see how it turned out so I watched. First of all, all that crying and drama from Clare is too much. Secondly, I don't believe in love at first sight, this all happened too fast. Lastly Clare seems very needy, she told Dale no man ever stays, that would give me pause, why not? The other bachelors deserved better, she never gave any of them a chance.

@Jordan2  Interestingly enough both Dale and Clare's parents fell in love at first sight and married quickly. They seem to have a lot in common.

Did they though?  Isn't in fascinating that Dale listens to her stories and then it just so happens his story is the same as hers?  I was ok with the love at first sight but now his dad hitchhiked to his mom, too?  Not an interruption when she told her story with an ohmygosh, my dad did that too, which would have seemed more believeable.  

Honored Contributor

omGOSH I watched most of this episode last night.  I've never watched a Bachelor or Bachelorette before except for a few seconds.

What a hoot.

Grown men sitting around whining about no cocktail hour. What??

Can't they sit around and have a beer and complain about her? 

It was kind of pathetic, these guys sitting on pool chairs, drinking bottled water, whispering to each other about not having a rose ceremony.

The guy she picked was creepy, imho.  But they all were.  Not one guy I saw did anything for me.

Honored Contributor

Clare was in love with the idea of him from reading his social media posts.  Then when she met him and felt the chemical attraction, it was all over for her.

While  he is probably not exactly where she is in terms of wanting to get married and have a baby right now, I suspect they talked him into the proposal with the understanding that he can take all the time he wants to be engaged.  

I think even if she gets the tv wedding, this will not end happily.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Look at Ashley & JP, the model couple, the standard to which all other couples have to live up to.

They sat there on tv with Chris during the re-airing of old seasons and pretended to still be together when they had already separated.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Was Clare a *contestant* on a Bachelor show?

Honored Contributor

Not a good idea to seem too 'needy' in the beginning.  Sure, a guy might, at first, think 'Wow'!  and become very flattered.

But, weeks and months later, maybe it could be a 'turn off'.

I was always leary of young men I dated who were totally 'in love' with me at first sight and/or after only a couple of weeks. 

We were only around nineteen, twenty, or twenty-one at the time.  Well, who knows........it might have worked out well after all. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Was Clare a *contestant* on a Bachelor show?

@Lucky Charm , yes.  Then I think it was two Bachelor in Paradise seasons, and Bachelor Games.  So this is her fifth venture in her quest to find a husband.  She did get engaged after Bachelor Games but that didn't stick.  She is a seasoned pro in the Bachelor franchise.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Not a good idea to seem too 'needy' in the beginning.  Sure, a guy might, at first, think 'Wow'!  and become very flattered.

But, weeks and months later, maybe it could be a 'turn off'.

I was always leary of young men I dated who were totally 'in love' with me at first sight and/or after only a couple of weeks. 

We were only around nineteen, twenty, or twenty-one at the time.  Well, who knows........it might have worked out well after all. 

I don't have an issue with the love at first sight under normal circumstances.  My husband (of 40 years) and I were engaged after five weeks and married in four months.  I was also very young and I do believe you kind of are more open to adapting and not set in one's ways if that makes sense.   This was just kind of off all the way around, then add in her age and alllll her appearances on the various Bachelor shows.  To say nothing of the fact he looked like a deer in the headlights and he has stated his goal is to be the next Ryan Seacrest.  I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see this having a happy ending.