Occasional Contributor

I couldn't believe how Clare reacted to her date - I think he was caught off guard initially, when she went to kiss him and then she didn't allow him to kiss her later. I just feel that Clare is looking for any small thing to eliminate a contestant, so she is that much closer to getting Dale. She is very rude to all of the men, except Dale, of course. I guess her odd, dysfunctional season as the Bachelorette is par with 2020 - everything associated with this year is strange. I wish Clare a lot of luck; unfortunately, I don't think she will get her happy ending.

Esteemed Contributor

And maybe I missed this discussion, but can we talk about her keeping and smellng Dale's pants?   I mean I almost feel bad for her that she fell for them asking her to be Bachelorette.  They knew she would give good footage and be a hot mess  from her previous shows.

Valued Contributor

I also feel bad for her, but something similar has happened to her on each of her Bachelor appearances.  Invariably, she leaves in tears.

Honored Contributor

So I said I was out ( not a real fan of the show), I just wanted to see how it turned out so I watched. First of all, all that crying and drama from Clare is too much. Secondly, I don't believe in love at first sight, this all happened too fast. Lastly Clare seems very needy, she told Dale no man ever stays, that would give me pause, why not? The other bachelors deserved better, she never gave any of them a chance.

Respected Contributor

I was so shocked at the ending.  I was on the phone and had it on mute for the strange proposal but it was obvious what was happening.  I thought he would be smarter than that.  He's much younger, has a great career and he chose HER?  I'm sure it was just scripted and for ratings purposes.  I don't have much confidence in that relationship lasting 50 years.  

The show was ridiculous to begin with, but the things they have done over the last few years have been unbelievable.  It's time for that crazy show to be off the air.  I'm done watching.

Respected Contributor

He did not seem to want to get engaged when Cris talked to him about it. But then he went & proposed anyway. I do not think it will last & if he is smart he will run away from her.

Esteemed Contributor

She is a clingy drama queen.  The way she talks when she talks about him, everything.  She is just living in a fantasy world.  All the sighing and the almost maniacal sneer.

@Jordan2 , the other bacherlors actually did get better than Dale...they dodged that trainwreck.

Unfortunately for Claire I think a lot of it is she is getting a horrible edit but she knew what she was signing up for.  This is not her first rodeo with the Bacehlor franchise.

They knew she would be good tv but unfortunately previously she was one of many; with her as the lead there is just too much camera time for her.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So I said I was out ( not a real fan of the show), I just wanted to see how it turned out so I watched. First of all, all that crying and drama from Clare is too much. Secondly, I don't believe in love at first sight, this all happened too fast. Lastly Clare seems very needy, she told Dale no man ever stays, that would give me pause, why not? The other bachelors deserved better, she never gave any of them a chance.

@Jordan2  Interestingly enough both Dale and Clare's parents fell in love at first sight and married quickly. They seem to have a lot in common.

Honored Contributor

I only saw the commericals did the girl leave is this show over, I have watched years before but never ended with any one leaving has it 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox Clare got the proposal she wanted, she has left the show. At the very end of the episode they brought in a new bachelorette.