Respected Contributor

She seems nice enough; however, the way in which she handled Fred's departure was cruel IMO.  Actually, the poor guy didn't have a chance because she kept looking at him as a "boy" and a bad mischievous one.  Over and over we kept hearing about that.  Then she has the rose in her hand, goes over in front of all the other guys and asks him to come outside to talk, while leading him on to believe she's giving him the rose.  Even the guys made mention to Fred getting the rose.  Then she lowers the boom and tells him goodbye - that was cruel IMO and she could have handled it in a much better way.

Then she brings her numerous friends from last season on board to help her find out who would be a good guy for her.  After being told that 2 of the guys made mention to Eric not being a good match, I think she was out of line mentioning that to Eric.  All that did was stir the pot and cause more friction.  She should've made a mental note of what she knew and not announced it to Eric.  I mean, it just seemed very immature to me.  I don't blame Eric for being upset about it.  

I thought better of her and my heart broke for both of them; particularly the way she handled Fred's departure.

Next week's show looks even more ridiculous and we just started the season.  

Respected Contributor

Rachel pulled a Ben Higgins.  Don't you remember when he, Olivia and one of the twins (I think) had a 2 on 1 date? He asked Olivia to come with him and he picked up the rose, walked her out to an atoll and told her he wasn't feeling it and left her standing there by herself.

Esteemed Contributor

Heads up if anybody reads RS for who wins.  The final one has changed.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom, thanks; from what I read, it's between the 2 of them.  I guess we'll see.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I read that too.   I think she chose the other one rather than the first one 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I like Rachael a lot. However she was awful to Fred. I am sure it was unintentional but still.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom - I just found that out. What surprises me is how wrong he's been lately. I liked it better before RS when we "sleuthed" the winner by nail color, location, and other things like that. Once he came along it all changed, and although the producers tried to sue him, he was always spot on at first. I guess he's not so much any longer, so we'll see. 

Spoiler
I think she's probably going to go with Bryan, but I can't help thinking about the way she looks at Peter, who will be #2. Those two have an amazing chemistry! 

I didn't like the way she handled Fred either. I thought it was rude for her to take the rose with her, although I have no doubt Fred knew what was coming and was acting the part, even though the others probably didn't know. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Anyone still hanging on this season?

Brian and Peter are the same to me, I confuse them still.

I thought Eric's family visit was a little too heavy.  But while there was a lot of stuff there, at least it was all resolved.

Brian and Dean, not so much.  Lots of unresolved drama there.  I avoid drama, so I would run the other way.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Of course I still watch!  I love a good trainwreck that isn't mine!

It does seem a little boring this season though.  I read the I hate Green Beans blog because the author is hilarious at recapping the show--no spoilers over there either!

Respected Contributor

Re: The Bachelorette

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli wrote:

Of course I still watch!  I love a good trainwreck that isn't mine!

It does seem a little boring this season though.  I read the I hate Green Beans blog because the author is hilarious at recapping the show--no spoilers over there either!

@DrKelli, both DH and I are still watching, though after last night, not sure why.  After what she said to the guy she let go, IMO, that was yet another cruel thing she did on top of what she did to Fred.  She is probably my least favorite bachelorette.

And if I hear the race word one more time, I'm going to break the TV.  It's tiresome.

ETA:  I forgot to ask what is the Green Geans thing?  Never heard of it. Thanks.