Contributor

Re: The Bachelor 65yrs & older

I have never watched The Bachelor.  Those type of shows just seem so fake..flitting from one person to the next.  HOWEVER, I would watch an over 65 Bachelor show...just for the heck of it. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I have neve watched the Bachelor because I find the whole concept degrading and humiliating. A show with older persons would be even more so. I can't understand having so little self esteem that one would go on TV and announce to the world their desperation and inability to consider a life without a partner. It's just setting oneself up for ridicule and demeaning judgement from people you don't even know, but will know all your foibles.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Reiiki604, have you heard, most singles, young & old are finding "love", dates, people to meet online? Social networking. Google for details.

How is that any different than being on TV, "The Bachelor"?

Honored Contributor

This show always has dysfunctional people.  Do you ever wonder why physically fit, attractive, educated young people are not a relationship and can't keep one going?

They go on TV and make fools of themselves, professing their love to somone who has 10 other people doing the same.They are intimate with people who are almost strangers, propose, then break up before the show is aired or after they are married.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.  You have to be a first class looser to ever do that.

And now they want to do the same with mature people...ha!  Who in their right mind would do this?

Love and marriage doesn't work this way.  It's not a game or a contest.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been a teenage girl for decades, so I don't watch that show but I heard about this new iteration the other day and I can't say I wasn't intrigued.

OTOH, why?  /rhetorical

I probably won't watch this one either but I imagine we will see highlights (lowlights?) on the tv machine so it should be somewhat interesting, in a creeper sort of way.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

This show always has dysfunctional people.  Do you ever wonder why physically fit, attractive, educated young people are not a relationship and can't keep one going?

LOL! ITA!

BTW, one of my sons married someone who'd been on the Bachelor. I cried like a baby the night before they were married!

No, they're not married anymore. Smiley Tongue

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

Speaking of sexy seniors, too bad Richard Gere is already taken!
Honored Contributor

Back in the wild west there were businesses where one could go select a "date" from among a number of individuals they did not know.  

Let's see. . . can't remember what that was called!  Let's see, wait wait, oh gosh I just can't remember!  Woman Wink  Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

I can't say I would watch but seniors need companionship & where are they to meet others. I would hope the people wouls be more mature than the younger set & conduct themselves in such a manner. But then again I guess that would not make must see TV. And what would they do on dates? I can't imagine these people in swimsuits.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the women will have to wear bikinis and have pillow fights like the bachelorettes have done in the past. Smiley Happy

Oh, yes, this show should get the ratings as viewers watch to see this train wreck unfold.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF