Respected Contributor

Re: The Bachelor 65yrs & older

I'm intrigued. 

The hot tub scenes will be interesting. And I'm not sure I want to watch 65 year olds making out 

Super Contributor

Well, I for one would like to see this happen.  But I want both men and women over 65.  I suppose none of them though will be overweight and/or homely looking.  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have only seen The Bachelor 2 or 3 times over the years.  I don't know who watches or how the silly thing stays on air.  I don't have a problem with a senior version of the show.  It's not like older people don't date, have secks and make fools of themselves.  My guess is the men will be over 65 and none of the women will be over 50.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Oh goodie!  A bunch of elderly people who think they are still hot!

To everything there is a season. . . or should be.  

Woman Very Happy

Too funny.., The existing bachelor/bachelorette shows are bad enough... A senior version would be a complete non-starter for me, though it might prove to be comedic...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What's next?  A new magazine?  Playgizzer?  Playgrandma?  

Honored Contributor

Sounds almost as exciting as a seniors bingo night ...no, better yet...Saturday-night senior bowling for singles.

Honored Contributor

who wants to see a bunch of wrinkled old people? Not much of a audience for this that does not have one foot in the grave... or early dementia.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  One wonders should the Geezer and Geezerette show materialize what might replace the rose ceremony... My money is on prickly cactus and Depends...

Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Glad nobody is fussing about me laughing, because I am old and can laugh at myself and my advancing years!  

I would hate to spend the last third of my life longing for the first two-thirds!  

Respected Contributor

I've never watched any Bachelors, but I am kinda happy about this one.  Seems like the networks are finally noticing there is an older generation out here, who might like to watch people of the same age on TV. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York