Honored Contributor

Patrick Macnee, the British-born actor best known as dapper secret agent John Steed in the long-running 1960s TV series "The Avengers," has died. He was 93.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

That's too bad. I liked The Avengers and Emma Peel and the clever way his innocuous umbrella became a deadly weapon.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to be Emma Peel! LOL 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor
Thank you for remembering Mr. Macnee. He was an incredible actor in television, cinema and theater. If you search online about this talented gentlemen, he had an amazing life. In addition to The Avengers, I saw him at the Paper Mill Playhouse in Sleuth with Jordan Christopher. I also remember when he played a retired British agent who thought he was Sherlock Holmes in Magnum, P.I. May he rest in peace and condolences to his family, friends and fans. LadyAlice

Respected Contributor

Loved that show. Kind of quirky, but interesting w/o any of the gratiuitous stuff on too many shows today. Emma was a kindred spirit, although I never had a leather jumpsuit. 

Steed&Emma.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh I AM Mrs. Peel!  Now don't say I'm not!  LOL!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Am watching an "Avengers" rerun right now on KPTV, Channel 312 up here in Oregon at 10 p.m.  It's Tara instead of Mrs. Peel.  Will have to wait and see if they run other episodes,  Great to see Patrick McNee again.  Great talent, the two of them.

Emma Peel wardrobe made a fashion statement around the world.  Designers hopped on the bandwagon to copy her "look," one of them being my step-mother, who made all of her own clothing and could be a good double for Diana Rigg, were is not for her short stature.

Esteemed Contributor

BTW, Tara has the most perfect eyebrows.  Jealous!

Honored Contributor

That was my absolutely most favorite show growing up!!!!  But I only liked it when Emma starred.  She was just fabulous!  Strong ans se*y!!!  I loved her catsuits, her strength and grace.  She was so very feline!  I was crazy mad for her --- wanted to be her!!!  We share the same birth month and day!!!!  

Steed was awesome, also!  I loved the theme song of the show.  The whole show was so edgey and ahead of its time!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin