Trusted Contributor

The Audience on the Show The Talk

I have been watching that TV show, The Talk lately.   Is it just me or do the audience members wear solid bright t-shirts and colors on purpose or do they have to wear them to sit in the audience?   I never see anyone sitting in a print top or a black top, they are always neon t-shirts.   I can only assume that the show gives them a shirt to wear (for whatever reason) or they are told when getting a ticket to come to the show what colors they can wear.

It's really odd.   

Honored Contributor

Re: The Audience on the Show The Talk

I CANNOT (capital on purpose) stand the audience on The Talk.  It drives me crazy the way they clap at every little thing that's said.

Now, I know there's someone standing there telling them to clap like they do but it drives me crazy.  I can only watch the first few minutes of it and that's because it comes on right after Y&R.

If one of the hosts says one thing, they clap so loudly and if another host disagrees, they clap on that too.  It really affects the flow of the show.

Does that bother you?  Do you notice that?

As far as the bright clothes, I read somewhere that the best color to get noticed is the color red or bright pink (makes sense).  I also read that some shows request people to wear bright colors.  It makes the audience look more crowded than would otherwise.  Think about it, you are almost blindsighted when they flash over to them because you see such a sea of bright colors (especially reds and bright pinks).

Trusted Contributor

I can't stand it when they go "Oooh or Aaah" when something is said.   I know what you mean about clapping for every thing.   I'd rather be in the audience for Jimmy Fallon or Kimmel than those daytime talk shows.    Although, I think the Ellen audience has a lot of fun.

Trusted Contributor

Those audience responses are so annoying.  They have got to be electronically enhanced.

Honored Contributor

They probably are enhanced.  However, on this show it shows them clapping.  Come to think of it though it's so loud and everything they say, they get a clap.

This is stupid I know but I always think like this, Julie Chinn says, "I went to the bathroom"  (the audience goes crazy) then she says, "I peed" (the audience goes crazy), then she says, "I'm so relieved" (they clap).  I know it's dumb, but I feel like ANYTHING anyone says they clap.

Wow!  You are right about it being enhanced.  I think it is because it's just too loud over and over.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

They probably are enhanced.  However, on this show it shows them clapping.  Come to think of it though it's so loud and everything they say, they get a clap.

This is stupid I know but I always think like this, Julie Chinn says, "I went to the bathroom"  (the audience goes crazy) then she says, "I peed" (the audience goes crazy), then she says, "I'm so relieved" (they clap).  I know it's dumb, but I feel like ANYTHING anyone says they clap.

Wow!  You are right about it being enhanced.  I think it is because it's just too loud over and over.

Thanks... I needed a good laugh today!!!    I like your font, so easy to read.   I hope I can do it with mine.

Super Contributor

Yes---I have visited MANY talk shows and they usually give "guidance" on what to wear...Rachel wants colorful, Wendy wants dressy, etc.

What always amuses me is that with all the talk these days on shows about not judging people by their appearance, there is quite a pecking order as to where you are seated.

Young, beautiful in the front (the rest of the party be damned) , adorned in dark colors, or old and/or unattractive in the back. They size you up about three or four times before you are seated.

VERY transparent when your young, very pretty daughters are seated right in front of the camera and are shown twenty times on camera, and poor "old" you and your friends are seated wayyyyy in the back as you listen to the panel chat about not judging...lol.  Woman LOL

And pretty is not as important as YOUNG---guess the shows want to appear hip and really with it...even if they have an aging host!

Super Contributor

All of these shows have a comedian that entertains at the beginning---then teaches you the signals for your responses.... "When I do this, you say..." etc. They can then insert any of your reaction shots in any place they choose. You could look like you are VERY excited about Chrissy Tiegen's new show, when you were really excited about the handbag you just got from the show.

Woman LOL

I don't like these emoticons. Or this new format...