Esteemed Contributor

The Art of Racing In The Rain

Saw this earlier this evening w/5 lady friends. We all enjoyed it. I knew there was some sort of sad event in the movie but didn't know exactly what. Perhaps knowing that ahead took some of the emotion out of it for me as I didn't really think it was so sad that it ruined the movie, not at all. And if you don't fall in love with the beautiful dog through whose eyes for the most part the story is told you don't have a heart.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Art of Racing In The Rain

I just finished the book!  Looking forward to seeing the movie Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any time you have a good animal story you can just about predict what sorrow is coming.  I am a serious animal lover and just do not want to sit through anymore of those tear filled endings and leave the theater feeling sad.  I know I miss some wonderful stories, but it is a choice I have made.  

Also, (I don't know about this movie) the last several "Dog's Purpose/Journey" movies they found out the animals had been sadly mistreated in the making of the movies, so I just pass on the animal movies these days.  

I am not saying other people should not see these movies, just a decision I have come to over time.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I can never see those types of movies.  I can't get them out of my head!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We saw it last weekend. I loved it and I mean I LOVED it. I love Milo from This is Us and I love dogs. I could watch that movie 100X more! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I will never watch a movie or read a book where the dog dies. It is hard enought in real life and don't want to see it or read about it. I would be a mess all over again.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I read the book several years ago and really enjoyed it.  Haven't seen the movie, though. (Yet?)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Havarti wrote:

Any time you have a good animal story you can just about predict what sorrow is coming.  I am a serious animal lover and just do not want to sit through anymore of those tear filled endings and leave the theater feeling sad.  I know I miss some wonderful stories, but it is a choice I have made.  

Also, (I don't know about this movie) the last several "Dog's Purpose/Journey" movies they found out the animals had been sadly mistreated in the making of the movies, so I just pass on the animal movies these days.  

I am not saying other people should not see these movies, just a decision I have come to over time.  Glad you enjoyed it.

@Havarti 

Just so you know, there was no tear filled ending. And the sad event I referred to in the movie had nothing to do with the dog.

Valued Contributor

I read the book and thought the movie was well done. I cried alot at the end. It's been 5 years since we put our sweet golden (Abby) down. Made me cry all over again. Goldens are such sweet dogs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've owned three goldens in my lifetime. They are gifts from God and although I love a good dog movie, I'm hesitant to see that movie because of the golden in it. I've seen the promos for it and I watched the trailer. I don't know...I will have to think about it.