Frequent Contributor

Re: The Americans vs Homeland , which

[ Edited ]

I watched both series and I think The Americans was better.  Really interesting all the way through.

Trusted Contributor

They are very different shows and both are excellent!

Trusted Contributor

I watched both.   Both are excellent, but I personally enjoyed The Americans a lot more.  I think it was because I loved the actors, and I enjoyed the premise of the family having to fit into the a different life from their own.  It had a cozier atmosphere to it, because it focused on family life, things we can understand or relate to more easily than many things in Homeland.  Homeland has a lot of filming in the Middle East, and deals with the CIA , and of course, mental health issues of the main character.

But Homeland is great, I loved it as well.

Definately watch both.

Respected Contributor

I am further in to Homeland than i got with The Americans , but i am pretty sure i will give it another chance because i know it is good. I still have to give Breaking Bad another chance , i am the not feeling it either. Aren't we lucky to have so many choices. Remember when there was 3 networks and no vcr's.

Respected Contributor

Both are in my top 10 favorite TV series.  Just excellent.  I'm currently watching The Americans again.  You can't go wrong with either.   Stick with them , they just get better and better.  watch one and when you finish watch the other one.  

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa @You gave me a tough choice because you picked two of my absolute favorite series. My third favorite is House of Cards. I will say The Americans was slow starting but improved and turned out to be an excellent series. 

Respected Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

I watched both.   Both are excellent, but I personally enjoyed The Americans a lot more.  I think it was because I loved the actors, and I enjoyed the premise of the family having to fit into the a different life from their own.  It had a cozier atmosphere to it, because it focused on family life, things we can understand or relate to more easily than many things in Homeland.  Homeland has a lot of filming in the Middle East, and deals with the CIA , and of course, mental health issues of the main character.

But Homeland is great, I loved it as well.

Definately watch both.

@blueroses47 @You must watch House of Cards.....excellent.