Honored Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race (Spoilers)

Reminder that it's on tonight.  If I hadn't read a mention of it elsewhere I'd never have remembered. 

The ratings last week were abysmal, lowest-rated premiere ever and maybe lowest-rated episode too.  Since it's a show families can enjoy the choice to put it on at 10 p.m. is all wrong.  Enjoy this season as it could definitely be the last, and I hope I'm wrong!!!

Valued Contributor

After the second episode, I am starting to separate the players and recognize names. My problem is that they are all approximately in the same generation.  I always like it when there was more of a variety--parents and kids, e.g.

The window washing episode was a hoot--that poor man and his uncomfortable dilemma! (I don't know how much description this board will let me get away with!) What a baby he was! Looks like more of the same from him next week.

I felt somewhat sorry for the guy with the fear of heights, but, honestly, has he never watched any episode before? To participate successfully on the Amazing Race you should:

1. Know how to drive a stick/manual transmission

2. Know how to swim

3. Not be afraid of heights!

4. Not be a vegetarian or a picky eater.

Still, he did conquer his fear--so kudos to him.

I sure hope they continue with this show--it is my absolute favorite reality show, and the only one I will still watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing I just missed this, but I was a little confused how the final team lost so much time.  Did they really get lost that badly? 

I was actually bummed they left - thought they had potential to be a fun team, regardless of how they met.

Was nice to see Vanck and Ashton getting along.  Will be interesting to see how they progress (and what Vanck brings to the table).  They obviously had a chat. Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@Colinka  OMG it drives me NUTS when people can't do those things on your list!  JUST like if you want to go on Survivor, practice SWIMMING and LEARN HOW TO MAKE FIRE. 

DUH!!!!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

I really liked the two women who left. They had a great attitude and I always want the nice people to win. Not the cut throat jerks. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

After the second episode, I am starting to separate the players and recognize names. My problem is that they are all approximately in the same generation.  I always like it when there was more of a variety--parents and kids, e.g.

The window washing episode was a hoot--that poor man and his uncomfortable dilemma! (I don't know how much description this board will let me get away with!) What a baby he was! Looks like more of the same from him next week.

I felt somewhat sorry for the guy with the fear of heights, but, honestly, has he never watched any episode before? To participate successfully on the Amazing Race you should:

1. Know how to drive a stick/manual transmission

2. Know how to swim

3. Not be afraid of heights!

4. Not be a vegetarian or a picky eater.

Still, he did conquer his fear--so kudos to him.

I sure hope they continue with this show--it is my absolute favorite reality show, and the only one I will still watch.

@Colinka

I know! Even Phil looked like he didn't like the guy, and his belly-aching.

Phil has the look of, "Grow up, dude."

Honored Contributor

I kept wishing that guy who kept complaining about his (I know all of the words but can't use them) getting hurt .....wishing he'd get eliminated.

Good grief!  You'd think he and his body parts should be on "Ripley's" the way he kept crying about pain.  Other's never said a word.  

I thought it was stupid the way he thew his backpack as he went running up.  I think you're right about him not being liked by anyone!  

That was a look of disgust on Phil's face when the idiot stepped up.  I've never seen that look in all of the years, and they've had some loosers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  I know!  What a whiny baby!  I feel so badly for his partner. I don't want to wish her ill, but all the viewers want him to lose. I'm thinking there may be some kind of partner switch up mid season because Phil made some comment to someone about, "would you switch partners?"

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

I liked the girls that left also.  Hope they switch up the teams because I want the whiney guy gone - feel sorry for the girl that's paired up with him.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I remember thinking that girl has a lot of patience.  Had that been me I'd have walked over there and put my hands around that idiot's fault.  I'd like to have been in the room when this whinny guy is sitting and watching the show.  I hope (if he has friends) they gave him a hard time.