Trusted Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race (Spoilers)

Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

That was a hard episode. Horrible way to be eliminated.

But the scenery was beautiful.
Honored Contributor

To go from first to eliminated is hard, but the guy had a few mental lapses and made his job way harder than it needed to be. I don't know if it was just the exhaustion of this stage of the race, the heat, maybe he was also feeling ill before, but when you're in first place working side by side with another team, you can't make the mistakes he made. He ended up completing the task three times and that's tough under the best circumstances. This was a very physically demanding task and doing it once was a challenge. Making yourself do it three times is suicidal.

That's kind of the beauty of TAR though. No lead is safe. No team is immune from making the big mistake. Many years ago there was a two man team (brothers?) that had dominated the race and then they came to a challenge and couldn't find the clue box. The other teams saw it right away and that lead team just never did until it was too late. It was a different clue box from the norm, but it had the red and yellow markings on it. They just kept overlooking it.

In last night's case the Mom and Dad team nearly got eliminated when they didn't read the clue properly and came up a mannequin short. Luckily for them however the former lead team had bigger issues.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

IMO that combination of tasks was too hard, especially considering the heat and humidity.  And what's up with them repeating two tasks and being so proud of it they showed flashbacks?  The show is getting stale.

This may not get any hearts but I was sick of the always-upbeat-fun team.  They were getting on my nerves.  OTOH watching them was way better than watching The Whining One and even her partner's one-liners are growing old.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to see TeamFun eliminated, they worked well together & I wanted them to win. When Becca showed the fun meter in the beginning I thought that would get old fast but really enjoyed her positive attitude & hard work in all the challenges without complaining. Floyd is such a sweetheart too, as exhausted as he was he still stopped to help team LoLo. Can't believe the big whiner came in 2nd, she needs to go! Don't know who I want to win now. I really love TAR & look forward to each season, it will never get old for me. 

Honored Contributor

I did not want to believe the spoilers I read, but they were true about non-elimination and Team Fun.

Whose idea were those steps after biking in excruciating heat and humidity?

The Whiner's partner had some great comments.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can someone explain why Floyd had to go all the way back to the start of the "fishing trap" task after the first failure, but only had to go back to where he dropped the traps when he failed the second time? Why couldn't he just park the bike, run back and pick up what  he dropped, and then run back to the bike.  After the first failure, it seems like he had to start completely all over again, but not after the second.

Poor guy, heat exhaustion is deadly.  All of the tasks were intensely physical.

Love Scott's commentary near the end of the bike ride, as Brooke screeches at him: "Oh, Lord, she's giving birth again, and this time it's twins!"  He deserves the money, but she certainly doesn't!

Honored Contributor

@Colinka

I do not think he had to go back to the start.  He wanted to drop off the baskets then pick up the missing ones.  I took it to mean he had to arrive with everything, so he could pick up what he dropped.  The first time he dropped baskets before he started.

I wish they'd give us an idea how long the tasks take.  I cannot imagine biking, then rowing, then biking, then doing the steps.

Honored Contributor

I was sorry to see TeamFun go.

That entire episode was way too physically taxing.  I'm surprised there weren't more that passed out from exhaustion.

I'm rooting for either Team Mom & Dad or the boys.

Miss Whiny pants needs to go as does her partner, they just aren't nice to each other at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Amazing Race but have one problem (although I get why it's done this way)