Trusted Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race (Spoilers)

@PurpleBunny.....do you think that gal will get a chance to return in another season>

Respected Contributor

@game-on wrote:

@PurpleBunny.....do you think that gal will get a chance to return in another season>

I don't know. Good question. Probably if there is enough public sentiment about it. I originally thought they would do some sort of partner switch and she would be able to lose him. Guess not. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I know they got to pick partners, but they really still didn't know each other.....that guy with the beard was a real jerk.

I don't like the guy who always has 'issues'.  I think he's a Wall Street Broker or something.  He's the one who had 'issues' with his bottom part while washing the windows.  I would have put my hands around his neck and said, "Snap out of it".  It's as if these people forget they're in a race for a lot of money.

I couldn't do it so I'd never try out for it the show in the first place.  I'd just give up quickly.  I don't understand some of the game.  Like the turn arounds, etc.  I watch these shows and am always doing two or three things t once I guess that's why I don't fully understand what's happening. 

Does anyone have any idea on who they think will win?  I have no idea and besides I'm always wrong anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I felt bad for the couple that did the Fast Forward and ended up in third place on this leg.  I know they had an amazing experience but it's still a race for the money and I felt bad they came in third and not first.  I don't remember from past seasons but has this happened to any other pair who used the fast forward and didn't come in first????

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I felt bad for the couple that did the Fast Forward and ended up in third place on this leg.  I know they had an amazing experience but it's still a race for the money and I felt bad they came in third and not first.  I don't remember from past seasons but has this happened to any other pair who used the fast forward and didn't come in first????

Honestly, I could be wrong, but I really think there was someone else recently too.  Doesn't seem to be planned very well if this keeps happening.

The all male team is very good and can't see anyone who physically can compete.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Honestly, I could be wrong, but I really think there was someone else recently too.  Doesn't seem to be planned very well if this keeps happening.

The all male team is very good and can't see anyone who physically can compete.

I think there was a team a few years ago that did the Fast Forward and almost got eliminated because the Fast Forward challenge was so difficult and time consuming. I don't remember the specifics, but I think two teams went for the Fast Forward and the one team quickly decided they couldn't complete the challenge and went back. The other team kept trying and eventually completed the Fast Forward, but they were well back in the pack by the time they finished.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Doing the fast forward does not mean you'll come in first, some have been very difficult & if I remember correctly one time the team had to shave their heads to complete it. Not sure who'll win this season but pretty darn sure this will be the last since the time slot given does nothing to promote the show, I'll be so disappointed to see it end. Enjoyed the back to back episodes last week & was happy to see the Oh my junk guy go home. The fight between Mike & Liz will continue this week, hope they can get it together going forward. Fingers crossed the next team to go will be that never ending whinner, feel sorry for the guy stuck with her. Fun reading what others think about this season so Thanks OP for starting this thread.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51, I liked the back-to-back episodes too.   ironically the 9 p.m. hour of Amazing Race did substantially better than the 10 p.m.   But CBS doesn't care, it's too late to save the show.  I don't know why they doesn't respect the viewers enough to admit it's cancelled.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@kitcat51, I liked the back-to-back episodes too.   ironically the 9 p.m. hour of Amazing Race did substantially better than the 10 p.m.   But CBS doesn't care, it's too late to save the show.  I don't know why they doesn't respect the viewers enough to admit it's cancelled.

CBS probably is keeping it in reserve just in case their shows in development bomb or run into other issues. The TV  writers could go on strike next week and that could throw the fall TV schedule into chaos. We will likely see quite a few reality shows kept in reserve if the strike materializes and persists. A strike that persists into mid or late summer will cripple the fall schedule. Last year's Big Brother Over the Top may have been a preview of what we'll see in the fall if the strike persists.

Survivor, TAR, BB, The Bachelor, DWTS and the other reality shows aren't affected by the writer strike, so we could see a ton of unscripted shows next fall. TV revenue is down, but the writers want more, so something has to give. The networks may just decide they're paying enough and draw a line in the sand. The strike could go on a while if the writers strike.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Doing the fast forward does not mean you'll come in first, some have been very difficult & if I remember correctly one time the team had to shave their heads to complete it. Not sure who'll win this season but pretty darn sure this will be the last since the time slot given does nothing to promote the show, I'll be so disappointed to see it end. Enjoyed the back to back episodes last week & was happy to see the Oh my junk guy go home. The fight between Mike & Liz will continue this week, hope they can get it together going forward. Fingers crossed the next team to go will be that never ending whinner, feel sorry for the guy stuck with her. Fun reading what others think about this season so Thanks OP for starting this thread.

Yeah, Mike & Liz, I really don't care for him.

It turned out that Liz was right about the map and finding all of the giant fireworks, but he could not be man enough to say, "You were right, and I was wrong."

I like the what I call "Team 'Will & Grace' ".

He overcame his fear of heights, and I applaude him for that.