Respected Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race (Spoilers)

I usually like to watch TAR but probably won't watch it this season.  I think it has run its course (pun intended) and will soon be off the air.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

Haven't watched yet (I'll try to notice day/night jumping).  Disappointed it was Seth and Olive.  It proves the non-elimination legs are truly set up beforehand because they're probably the only team whose elimination could make the ratings go down even more.

I really hate that "non-elimination" round krap. Personally I think that's what they use to fix the game. I don't think the producers would want to keep Olive and Seth because they aren't controversial. They are good players and good people - that makes for a boring race. They would rather keep the nasty people and the cheaters. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny I TOTALLY agree with what you are saying.  I liked them too.  I thought they were excellent players.  They were courteous to each other and people they encountered.

Some of these people are stupid.  The worst ones are the two males together and the guy who whines about everything.  I feel so sorry for that poor girl.

Honored Contributor

Two episodes tonight, 9 and 10 p.m. 

I know CBS did that last night with Survivor but with TAR I have a feeling CBS is doing it to burn up the inventory  Hope I'm wrong.  But if they were testing to see if the 9:00 slot is better for future episodes, they wouldn't follow with one at 10.

Valued Contributor

Had to work until 8:30 last night. Hurried home to catch the start of the show at 9:00. Then I realized that I had missed the earlier broadcast (which I did not know about--great publicity, CBS!) and saw who got eliminated. Was able to watch the second hour in beautiful Norway.  Love the couple who got the fast forward. What great attitudes they have! Can't believe they didn't come in first--must have had to go through some lesson in how to safely parachute.

Seems like the pace of travel and tasks are getting to the couples.  Every team seemed to be getting very tetchy with each other.

Honored Contributor

There's a new Wendy Whiner in the Race. Egads, I wanted to strangle her.

Honored Contributor

@Colinka, the Norway hour was by far the better of the two. 

In Norway the scenery was so beautiful and I loved the tasks.  The people fishing out of their windows was so interesting to me, the trolls were fun, the bonfire reminded me why I fell in love with this show, the climb to the castle, all of it

Zanzibar was okay, turns out Freddie Mercury was born there, but I would have liked them to do more with that.  There was a lot of whining in that first hour, too, by that woman.  I don't know how her partner takes it and in the preview for next week she's screaming her head off again so why would they use that to get people to tune in, seriously.

The one woman is insufferable and the guy with the beard was a jerk and he didn't seem too sorry so we have them to not look forward to next week.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

There's a new Wendy Whiner in the Race. Egads, I wanted to strangle her.

OH MY LORD. 

ME TOO!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

What I so enjoyed was the couple that jumped out of the plane.... they really had a good time. 

I will not miss the couple that got eliminated.  I do feel sorry for the gal.... she got the whiniest guy alive!!

Respected Contributor

@game-on wrote:

What I so enjoyed was the couple that jumped out of the plane.... they really had a good time. 

I will not miss the couple that got eliminated.  I do feel sorry for the gal.... she got the whiniest guy alive!!

She got the short end of the stick. I won't miss him, but I wish she had a shot. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )